spain with kids

Jan 29th, 2017, 12:51 PM
Original Poster

spain with kids

hi
I have three kids; 7,10,11 years old .good travelers. looking to go to Spain in early June. If I have @ 8/9 nights, could you please give me your opinion on the following? We'd like to go to Barcelona and Lisbon. Trying to decide if we should squeeze in one more city? Or should we just do Spain and not Portugal?
I'm thinking definitely some major cites of course but keeping in mind cant do constant museums etc all day long with the kids so probably good to break up with an area to relax for a few days too.
thanks in advance
Jan 29th, 2017, 02:41 PM

You ONLY have 8-9 days, so go to Barcelona, nearby Girona, and to the beach on the Costa Brava.
Jan 30th, 2017, 10:59 AM

With that short of time I would stay in one country-particularly with kids. I took my oldest to Spain when she was 10yo we loved it! I can't comment on Portugal. Train travel is easy and very reliable in Spain, and the people love kids. I would fly open jaw-in to Barcelona and out of Madrid (or vice versa). Madrid has a surprising amount that kids enjoy: Retiro Park (its huge-they will love it!), Plaza Mayor, the Royal Palace, El Rastro, lots of museums, and good food. Transportation is good and you will not be bored. Also Toledo and Segovia are both easily assessible from Madrid. Hope this helps.
Jan 30th, 2017, 01:45 PM

l. Train travel is easy and very reliable in Spain, and the people love kids.>

Indeed -I like the Barcelona - beach - Madrid scenario (Sitges is a short trip by train from Barcelona and a primo beach for a day- and there are fun rides in Barcelona on Montjuic hill which has loads of neat stuff for kids:

http://www.barcelonaturisme.com/wv3/...-montjuic.html

For lots on trains check www.renfe.com - Spanish Railways official site for booking long-distance tickets (local tickets buy on the spot) - for general info www.seat61.com; www.budgeteuropetravel.com and www.ricksteves.com.

In Madrid rent canoes or kayaks or pedalos in the Retiro Park near the major museums:

https://www.google.com/search?q=reti...HWwWD8wQsAQIHA

Search this Thread