Spain Spring in Europe (Kenderina)

Sep 29th, 2006, 06:45 PM
Original Poster

Spain Spring in Europe (Kenderina)

Hola from Montreal, My wife and I always travel to Europe in the summer and Southern destinations in the spring (March) usually caribean and Mexico. I loooooove Spain but I have always considered it too cold for March beach vacations, what about Cadiz or Mallaga or Maybe even Ibiza (although its a family vacation) or what about other european destinations for beach vacations in March (turkey etc) is europe too cold in Spring for beaches. Kenderina you always have great Spain info HELP!
Sep 30th, 2006, 10:13 AM

The only place where March would be a beach time in Spain is the Canary Islands, which come highly recommended.
Sep 30th, 2006, 11:01 AM

I though Valencia was rather nice in the spring. It was a balmy 60 C last New Year's Day.
Sep 30th, 2006, 11:43 AM

Hola
Really, as Claire said, there's no real beach weather in Spain in March except for the Canary Islands. I mean, you're from Montreal, maybe as Robert said you will find some days good enough to go to the beach..but people here still will be dressing coats Anyway, if you are thinking to come to Spain in March..why don't you come to Valencia during Fallas festival (March 15-19) and if weather is good enough you can go to the beach and at the same time, you will see the greatest festival on Spain(in terms of people going), lots of fun I'm sure you would love it.
Sep 30th, 2006, 11:53 AM

We were in Costa del Sol at the end of April and all the pools were open and the sea was quite warm (but I'm comparing it to the North Atlantic). But I think March is really too early for the beach - but probably great for golf and tennis.
Sep 30th, 2006, 02:40 PM

if the sun is out, i would venture to say that strolling any southern/eastern beaches would be more than pleasant. however, as far as taking a prolonged swim, only the northern eurpoeans seem to have the guts to do it!

that said, so many people actually don't swim at the beach, they just sunbathe, and you can do plenty of that if you have your number one ingredient.
Sep 30th, 2006, 02:53 PM

The last time we were in Marbella in late March there were plenty of sunworshipers out sunbathing, and a few brave Northern Europeans at the El Fuerte Hotel beachfront even swimming (the hotel is very popular with Scandanavians).

As lin says, the southern and eastern beaches are certainly pleasant to walk along and to sit out on and take in the sun, if and when you have it in late March.