My husband & I are planning a trip to Spain & Portugal for 4 weeks somewhere in Sep/ Oct. I am at the stage of planning and making an itinerary and would like some advice. We are interested in architecture/ culture/ food & beautiful landscape. (which I am sure are plenty) We don't want to include too much but would like to cover as much as we can comfortably. And our main area of travel is Spain with a few days in portugal and a few days in Paris if possible. So far this is what I have come up with.
Flying into LISBON and out of PARIS.
Lisbon - Porto - Lisbon (5 nights)
Train or Fly to:
Madrid (5 nights) with day trips
Cordoba (1 night)
Seville (3 nights)
Granada (1 night)
Valencia (2 nights)
Barcelona (5 nights)
Bilbao (maybe 1 night)
San Sebastian (maybe 1 night)
Train/bus or fly to:
Paris (3/4 nights)
As you can see main areas are Lisbon, Madrid, Seville, Barcelona & Paris with a few stops in between. Also the latter part of the trip is lot of long distant travelling and I am not too sure about the times or means of transportation. Would like some comments about what you think.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 10 days in europe
- 2 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 3 land vs river cruise
- 4 European honeymoon help needed
- 5 Portugal
- 6 Lisbon neighborhoods
- 7 Leaving Paris. Just a little sad.
- 8 Help With Itinerary By Train: London, Paris, Nice, Florence
- 9 Tips for first trip to UK
- 10 Planning to visit Italy in first 2 weeks of Jan
- 11 Where to stay in Naples?
- 12 Rome, Tuscany & Umbria
- 13 Pubs showing NFL football in London?
- 14 FCO hotel for late arrival?
- 15 Restaurant suggestion Bamberg
- 16 Browsing Barcelona
- 17 Spain December/ January 2018/19
- 18 Malaga Christmas lights
- 19 Croatia in mid/late October
- 20 Looking for Good Eating in Valencia
- 21 ROMA Pass inclusions. - 3 days in Rome
- 22 Help with Venice Trip?
- 23 Dubrovnik
- 24 What happened to Sundriedtopepo
- 25 The Little Cyclades, Santorini, Vienna