My partner and I are in the middle of planning a 4 - 5 week holiday in Spain & Portugal and are seeking itinerary assistance and advice. We haven't been to either country before so we would love to see different parts of the culture, architecture and a few sporting events too!
1. Would we be better travelling by train/ bus or hiring a car? For all or part of the trip?
2. Is it worth flying into Spain and heading straight to Seville for the last 2 days of "Feria de Sevilla" even though it is not the most practical way to go about our route?
3. What are the "MUST SEES" in terms of cities/ towns/ and attractions etc
4. Are there places we are best to base ourselves in a for a few days and do day trips to?
Here is our rough itinerary so far. All feedback is greatly appreciated!!!!
14th Apr: Arrive Spain from Syd (Madrid or Barcelona?)
15th - 21st April:
- Option 1: Originally was going to fly into BCN and make way down through Valencia to Granada, Málaga, Córdoba and Seville...
BUT Feria de Sevilla is on 12 April - 17 April 2016 so if that is worth going to...
- Option 2: Immediately head to Seville for the last 2 days of Feria de Sevilla, then do day trips or something back to Granada, Málaga, Córdoba...? Thoughts please!
22nd - 26th April: Tavira, Faro, Lagos, Salema?
27th - 30th April: Lisbon, Sintra, Nazere?
1st - 4th May: Coimbra, Porto?
5th - 8th May: Madrid (As well as sites we would like to see a day of Madrid Tennis Open and also Real Madrid Football match on the Sunday)
9th - 15th May: Barcelona (LOCKED IN: 13th - 15th May Formula 1 Grand Prix)
16th May: Depart BCN
Thank you so much in advance for your help!! xx Kahli
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Is Bologna ok for a 3 months stsy?
- 2 Pubs showing NFL football in London?
- 3 Anthropology and Archeology for the Turkey Traveler
- 4 Paris November 2017
- 5 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 6 ICELAND in February
- 7 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 8 The World's Greatest Churches
- 9 Lisbon neighborhoods
- 10 The 2017-18 Ashes thread - up now on the Aussie forum.
- 11 11-12 nights in Portugal
- 12 10 days in Cologne Munich Switzerland
- 13 Italy with kids - off the beaten bath
- 14 paris to london- day trip
- 15 10 days in Portugal
- 16 My France Vacation
- 17 Malaga Christmas lights
- 18 Germany, Switzerland and Paris with teens
- 19 GTG Paris December 2017
- 20 Italy Croatia Bosnia
- 21 May Germany, Switzerland, and Iceland
- 22 Festival du Citron (Lemon Festival), Menton
- 23 Driving
- 24 Must See/Do/Eat in Vienna?
- 25 Tour Company recommendations for St. Petersburg