I am at the beginning stages of planning a trip with my 14 year old daughter - we would like to travel in April - and we have between 2-3 weeks - the dates of travel are flexible - departure is out of DFW and I would like to do a direct flight so that means arrival city would be Madrid.
My daughter outlined the cities she found interesting:
Madrid, Barcelona Granada Valencia Santiago de Compostela, Malaga.
It is a budget trip - $$
No big tours, no big plans - slower travel so - the places she listed are VERY flexible.
She was going to go to Costa Rica on a primate study but it is over 6,000.00 by the time it is all said and done for the 21 days so it just was not going to happen this year.
We are not foodies at all - (I love a good meal but it is not a huge issue for us )
We will use miles most likely for air transportation on American - my husband travels extensively for work so we wrack up those and Marriott points - so I will use those as much as possible.
We love apartments in Europe so perhaps if we stay in Barcelona and Madrid we will do apartments for that time period.
I am VERY open to suggestions - last time I planned a trip for she and I - it ended up being canceled (it was several years ago) and we went to Paris for 10 days over Christmas as a family instead.
Again, this is budget - but needs to be safe. She wants spain - and she has 2.5 years of spanish and plans on continuing it and hopefully doing some schooling abroad in Spain later.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 AOL 1800~570:1233 Password Reset Contact AOL Tec*h Sup0rt sooj.
- 2 Geeks AOL [email protected] Password Recovery CONTACT 1:800:570:1233 AOL Tec*h??
- 3 Planning a Trip from DC to Anywhere in Europe (Budget Friendly)
- 4 Connecting trains in Chambery
- 5 Four Nights in Nice--What should we do?
- 6 Current plan for March trip
- 7 Looking for Paris Rental Apt.
- 8 Three nights in the Italian Riviera: hiking in Camogli with day trips
- 9 Spain in 2018
- 10 Rentals in Madrid , Spain-Select
- 11 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 12 Wedding In Cambridge England
- 13 Sorrento to Montepulciano- where to rent car?
- 14 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 15 First time in Spain
- 16 Help me pick a destination --- Please!
- 17 Schengen entry/exit stamps in Austria
- 18 Help needed for Bergamo to Venice journey
- 19 Barcelona to Malaga
- 20 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 21 Is a quick stopover in Bern worth it with 3 kids?
- 22 Best area to stay near Split for easy beach access.
- 23 beware of robbed in Milan
- 24 Help me get excited about a week in Portugal
- 25 Which Area in London?