Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Spain May 24-Buy Tickets Now-Plane and Bullfight question

Jan 27th, 2011, 04:51 AM
Original Poster

Hello everyone,
Torn over buying tickets now or waiting until the 3 month out or less mark. They are around 900.00 for me now out of Atlanta.

Also, bullfights, I am not a fan, but hubby must see. Are there any the last week of may and first week of june? I have searched to no avail.

thanks!
Jan 27th, 2011, 05:16 AM

itasoftware.com

use the "month-long" view

what makes you even THINK that prices are going to go down within some 3-month window?
Jan 27th, 2011, 05:21 AM

May is a wonderful time for Spain, but $900 sounds high from ATL.

I hope you never find tickets for a bullfight, its the most appalling sport. It took me many years to return to the country after witnessing the hideous ritual.
Jan 27th, 2011, 06:23 AM

here is what happened to me...

I had read that 4 months before departure was a good time to buy plane tickets. except that I was having shoulder issues (really bad pain...) at the 4 month mark and waited another 1.5 months in case I wasn't able to travel. and I paid about $600 ($200 each ticket) more than what I would have paid 1.5 months beforehand, or at the 4 months prior to our departure. I have no idea if this theory holds up but the prices did go up after that 4 months prior to departure.

I paid a little more than that to fly to Malaga from Minneapolis and then return from Madrid. so, that price seems good to me. good luck and enjoy!
Jan 27th, 2011, 06:29 AM

oops, my last paragraph isn't exactly clear. what I meant was that I paid a little more than $900 for our upcoming trip (6 weeks from tomorrow!!)from Minneapolis to Malaga and then returning from Madrid.
Jan 27th, 2011, 07:17 AM
Original Poster

I am not an advocate of bullfights, it is for my husband. I will not be going, he and a friend will attend. It is steeped in tradition so I do not know that I can dismiss it as it is more than a slaughter fest. I apologize if I started a anti bull fight thing.

Well, I appreciate the input from all of you. Being a safe player I will likely proceed and buy as I am literally at the 4 month mark.
Jan 27th, 2011, 12:43 PM
Original Poster

Bought the tickets! Thanks to all, they had dropped even more
Jan 27th, 2011, 12:59 PM

I studied in Spain for the semester and never had any interest in attending a bull fight. I did however tour la maestranza when my dad came to visit and that was interesting and fulfilling enough.

traveltalesfromtheredheadedtraveler.blogspot.com/
(My travel writing blog!)
Jan 28th, 2011, 12:45 AM

The most important bullfights of the year takes place in Madrid during the San Isidro festival from mid May to the beginning of June: http://dreamguides.edreams.com/spain...sidro-festival
Jan 28th, 2011, 08:22 PM

I am also looking at the flights to Madrid and Barcelona in second week of June .. Just curious if you can let me know around how much is the airfare in May. Right now I am not finding anything less than $1000 from FL (orlando or Miami)
Jan 28th, 2011, 08:22 PM

I am also looking at the flights to Madrid and Barcelona in second week of June .. Just curious if you can let me know around how much is the airfare in May. Right now I am not finding anything less than $1000 from FL (orlando or Miami)
Feb 15th, 2011, 07:41 AM
Original Poster

The air direct flights was 901.00 all extras. It goes up alot in June.