Spain-Madrid Airport

Search

Spain-Madrid Airport

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29th, 2011, 02:22 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Spain-Madrid Airport

I am arriving on a different flight than my travel companions. I arrive at T4 and they arrive at T1. Does anyone know if I can easily get to T1 from T4 without leaving security? We're trying to plan a meeting place and I am not familiar with the Madrid airport.
Old Mar 29th, 2011, 03:16 PM
P_M

From where are you arriving? What is your final destination? If you are coming from overseas you will not just get off the plane, walk straight into an airport terminal and mingle with the public, you will have to leave the secured area even if you are making a connection. I don't think it will work if you try to meet before leaving a secured area.

If it's a domestic flight that might be different. We need more info please.
Old Mar 29th, 2011, 03:27 PM
Original Poster

I am arriving from New York and my friends from Washington DC. My final destination is Madrid. In many airports one can move between terminals within the security area. I don't know how Madrid operates. Thanks for any help you can give me.
Old Mar 29th, 2011, 03:31 PM
P_M

"In many airports one can move between terminals within the security area."

That is true at many airports for <b>domestic</b> flights. But when you are coming from overseas you must go through customs before you can mingle with the public. You cannot go to another gate or another terminal first.
Old Mar 29th, 2011, 04:04 PM
P_M

OK, I've been surfing around for a meeting point since it's been a few years since my last time at this airport. Like most airports it only has one international arrivals hall so that's probably where you will meet your friends. Maybe someone else can recommend a coffee bar, cafe, etc in the international arrivals hall where you can meet. When I landed my driver was right there with my name on a sign so I didn't take a good look around. But once again, when you land you will be immediately routed to passport control/customs so the arrivals hall is really the best place to meet.

Enjoy your trip.
Old Mar 29th, 2011, 04:11 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for your response. It looks like we're going to meet up at the express shuttle stop at T1. Since we are arriving at different terminals that seems like the best place.
Old Mar 29th, 2011, 04:14 PM
P_M

Very good, I'm glad you have a plan. I often fly solo even if I'm meeting others upon arrival, so I understand it can be confusing to meet in an unfamiliar airport.
Old Mar 29th, 2011, 04:33 PM
P_M

Sunny, in case you are interested here is a thread on TripAdvisor from people in the same situation, one arriving at T1 and another arriving at T4. The first responder mentions meeting at a gate but as you will see this is not possible when it's an international arrival. The posters went on to suggest meeting places in the arrivals hall. I really think meeting at the arrivals hall would be easiest.

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTop...nt-Madrid.html
Old Mar 29th, 2011, 05:07 PM

terminal 4 and terminal 1 are about 10 -15 minutes by bus from one another!

http://www.iexplore.com/airportguide...n/MAD/Overview
Old Mar 29th, 2011, 09:51 PM

Madrid airport info
http://www.aena.es/csee/Satellite?ci...Language=EN_GB