Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   Spain Itinerary: Cordoba or Granada? (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/spain-itinerary-cordoba-or-granada-718917/)

majfb111 Jul 7th, 2007 11:22 AM

Spain Itinerary: Cordoba or Granada?

Hi, Please need help with our itinerary for travel Nov. 11th to the 23rd (12 nights) . Flying in and out of Madrid . We want to visit Madrid and Andalusia (already been to Barcelona) .
We just want to stay in 3 places and take day trips. Should we stay in Cordoba or Granada? Are there any guided tours out of Cordoba to see Granada/Alhambra? Thank you in advance.
1 Sevilla
2 Sevilla
3 Sevilla
4 Cordoba or Granada?
5 Cordoba or Granada?
6 Cordoba or Granada?
7 Madrid
8 Madrid
9 Madrid
10 Madrid
11 Madrid
12 Madrid

Graziella5b Jul 7th, 2007 12:57 PM

I would go to Cordoba from Seville. Then visit Granada from Cordoba but I would stay there at least one night. THen from Cordoba it is easy to go to Madrid in the AVA. Or are you driving?
If I were driving I would drive from Seville, to Cordoba, then to Granada and on my way back I would stop in
Ubeda(Baeza) and then drive North to Madrid.

kenderina Jul 7th, 2007 12:58 PM

Granada, without doubt !! Cordoba is a good day trip from Sevilla, Granada is farther and has a lot more to see, besides the Alhambra. Maybe you should add a day in Sevilla to do the day trip to Cordoba and then stay two days in Granada.

nbujic Jul 7th, 2007 01:01 PM

agree with PP.

hotticket Jul 7th, 2007 03:01 PM

Cordoba is worth an overnight stay. It's really busy during the day with day-trippers, but the nights are quiet and enchanting.

There is much more to see and do in Granada. I would go there after a night in Cordoba.

amsdon Jul 7th, 2007 03:24 PM

I absolutely agree w/others. See both for sure, stay in Granada a bit longer. You might consider a day trip trip to Segovia too, out of Madrid.

have a fabulous time!

nytraveler Jul 7th, 2007 04:26 PM

IMHO you don;t need nearly that much time in Madrid. Seveille, Cordoba and Granda are all more intresting - and more unique in terms of Spanigh history. (Madrid is a very large, modern city with tons of high rise office buildings - and frankly - resembles Chicao more than anything typically spanish.)

I would reduce Madrid to 3 days at most, plus a day trip to Toledo - and spend more time soaking up the unique atmosphere of the south.

majfb111 Jul 7th, 2007 06:20 PM

Thanks for everyone's response! Right now, I'm leaning towards Granada....

ComfyShoes Jul 7th, 2007 06:58 PM

majfb111, Consider three nights in Sevilla, two in Cordoba, two in Granada, and five in Madrid (one to a trip to Toledo, one for Segovia or Salamanca or both).

Click on my name and you can get a lo....ng trip report to read through, as well as other interesting discussions from many of the people above.

lincasanova Jul 8th, 2007 01:31 AM