Reload this Page >

The big 4...0...

Search

The big 4...0...

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9th, 2002, 11:28 PM
Raine

The big 4...0...

OK... this is it...The big 40th birthday coming up at the end of the year.<BR>Told my hubby that IF I had to turn 40, then I wanted to celebrate the ocassion in Paris.....<BR>We have until Nov to organise it....<BR>Now can anyone tell me THE most drop-dead gorgeous place to stay and THE best spot for a romantic dinner.....<BR>

Old Apr 10th, 2002, 03:24 AM
lina

It depends. Do you want to drop dead when you see the hotel, or the bill? Seriously, how high is your budget ceiling?

Old Apr 10th, 2002, 03:28 AM
Rex

You'll get plenty of answers for PAris itself - - and surely one of them will be to have dinner at Jules Verne on the Eiffel Tower. You need to call now for a reservation. Recommended.<BR><BR>And for an even more special splurge, get toutside Paris (40-50 minutes by car) to Chateau d'Esclimont for overnight and dinner. And if you really want to "drop" - - from the sky (not dead) - - have a helicopter take you to their heliport there.<BR><BR>Best wishes,<BR><BR>Rex<BR>

Old Apr 10th, 2002, 06:16 AM
topping

topping, from on high<BR>

Old Apr 10th, 2002, 02:46 PM
anne

Raine, I too spent my 40th in Paris - what a memory. We had a very delicious dinner with 6 other friends at Taillevent. The wait staff was superb, the food delicious and the atmosphere was truly elegant. The waiters came out with some fantastic tall chocolate something and candles singing "Abby Bursedy To You"! I won't forget my big 40.

Old Apr 10th, 2002, 03:18 PM
Joan

Why not get a few "lifts" instead-, face, tummy and butt. It lasts longer and hubby may appreciate it more too!

Old Apr 10th, 2002, 05:26 PM
cynthia

What I would do is tell hubby you are going shopping on your own for the afternoon. Then just find a cozy and darling little place somewhere. Or ask the concierge for some suggestions. The Marais section has some fabulous places.All very quaint and all very charming. Not all too expensive with your dollar. Sorry I cant give you any names! The restaurants are like old boyfriends. You remember how good they taste but you forget their names.

Old Apr 10th, 2002, 05:55 PM
elvira

Never stayed at this hotel (waaay outta my price range) but read about it years ago and took a wander in one day - Hotel Lotti, 7, rue de Castiglione (right off the Place Vendome). If I had the beau, and the dough, this's where I'd go:<BR>http://www.jollyhotels.it/eng/ALBERG...r.asp?Obj=1299

Old Apr 14th, 2002, 08:43 PM
up

up<BR>