Visiting Spain (and maybe Portugal) for the first time Dec 2018-/ Jan- long way off I know!
We are arriving and departing via Madrid and will be using public transport preferably train unless we do join a small tour group.
We are not big Art Gallery fans but do enjoy History, Culture, Architecture, and natural landscapes. We also hope to enjoy some traditional Spanish cuisine and customs. I’d love to see some villages off the main tourist trail but perhaps a little difficult without a car.
Considering the following at this stage with day trips nearby
Seville 23-29/12 we will be meeting family for Christmas period
? Lisbon 30-3/01
? Porto 4- 7/01
(Lisbon to) Madrid 8-10/01
Home to Australia 11/01
If we were to spend the entire time in Spain suggestions would be appreciated.
Thank you in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help me get excited about a week in Portugal
- 2 Amalfi as a home base for the Amalfi Coast
- 3 Italy: Hotels on the Amalfi Coast; Orvieto; Perugia; Florence; and Siena
- 4 Barcelona to Malaga
- 5 Planning a Trip from DC to Anywhere in Europe (Budget Friendly)
- 6 Lisbon stay - Olissippo Lapa Palace vs NH Collection Lisboa Liberdade
- 7 Christmas week in Ireland
- 8 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann 2017
- 9 Looking for Paris Rental Apt.
- 10 Salerno as a base to visit Amalfi Coast
- 11 Four Nights in Nice--What should we do?
- 12 August - Croatia, Italy, Malta
- 13 Is a quick stopover in Bern worth it with 3 kids?
- 14 Has Berlin Banned Vacation Rentals?
- 15 Spain.... 2.5 Weeks... Need Help!
- 16 Traveling by car Munich to Soelden Austria
- 17 "Occupied" TV series: On location in Oslo
- 18 Rome - Naples - Paestum - Salerno - Ravello Trip Report
- 19 Connecting trains in Chambery
- 20 Recommendations Budget hotel Paris
- 21 Moscow Hotels
- 22 Headed to Madrid in the Spring
- 23 Packing Champagne
- 24 Manchester hotels
- 25 Visit to France