We have 21 days to get from Provence, France to Madrid. We are a family of five - 2 x almost 5 year olds twins and 1 x almost 2 year old. We are thinking to use the French car hire lease back scheme. Travelling in April. We would love some feedback on our plan:
Drive the Costa Bravo
4 nights in Barcelona (arrive late afternoon on first day)
1 night Valencia
5 nights Andalucia (Seville / Granada and possibly Cordoba)
2 nights Lisbon
3 nights Bilboa
3 nights Madrid (depart 9pm flight)
That leaves three nights spare for somewhere else. I'm beginning to think the plan is too ambitious, given the drive times between places. We haven't booked our car yet, so there is always the possibility of leaving the car in Provence and using other transport in Spain, but we think with three kids a car makes sense.
So what do you think? How can we improve this? Skip Bilbao and instead focus on Seville and surrounds? Or vice a versa. I've previously been to both Madrid, Barcelona and Salamanca. I think the kids will like Barcelona and am happy to revisit, I would like to check out Lisbon and Seville and Granada. And honestly, would really like to get to the Guggenheim in Bilbao. I would also like to add 2-3 days in a beach side town somewhere for the kids to chill out - suggestions...Malaga?? We know it won't be the best swimming weather, but think the kids will need a few days to just relax. Or do we base ourselves in Malaga and do days trips out to Seville, Granada, Cordoba etc.
And finally, the Spring Fair in Seville, we had planned to be in this region around this time (12-16 April). Have we left it too late for accommodation? Is this a good time to visit with kids or not?
What should we do?? [This really is the best kind of problem to have isn't it?!]
Thanks so much
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 ROADRUNNER 1800:681:72O8 Password Reset CONTACT ROADRUNNER Tec*h by 24/7
- 2 DELL PRINTER 1800:681:7208 installation CONTACT DELL Tec*h care 24/7
- 3 Black Friday in Britain? Why?
- 4 Slovenia and Croatia in January (Solo)
- 5 6 days in Slovenia and Croatia in January
- 6 Advise Needed
- 7 First Time To Europe Itinerary. Thoughts? Suggestions? Please
- 8 Itinerary for 4 days in Madrid
- 9 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 10 land vs river cruise
- 11 And the winner is ...India? Egypt? no, Italy!
- 12 Hiking - Suggest a location
- 13 Festival du Citron (Lemon Festival), Menton
- 14 Help with suggestions for Portugal 2 week trip
- 15 19 days Ireland by car - please advise
- 16 Scotland ideas
- 17 Tips for first trip to UK
- 18 Help Getting from Faro to Lisbon
- 19 Iceland tours from Keflavik
- 20 September in Venice, Croatia, and Slovenia
- 21 The World's Greatest Churches
- 22 Devon and Dorset: Where to Base?
- 23 Malaga Christmas lights
- 24 Portugal
- 25 Paris November 2017