I am visiting Spain with my family (husband, son and parents) in the 1st 2 weeks of June.
We enjoy the countryside, cafes, local food, sea, beaches and just experiencing different cultures. We are not too keen on museums.
We like our holidays at a relaxed pace - dont necessaily need to see everything.
Basis various posts and some reading, I have prepared an itinerary.. Would really appreciate some help from fodorites in finalising it.
Day 1 - Land into Madrid by 12 pm.
Day 2 - Day trip to Toledo or Sergovia (A little confused on which one to choose)
Day 3 - In Madrid (Any other suggestions of a day trip - Salamanca?)
Day 4 - In Madrid
Day 5 - Travel to Seville in the morning
Day 6 - In Seville
Day 7 - Day trip to Cordoba (Should I stay overnight or a day trip is good)
Day 8 - Travel to a sea place (Cant decide which one - was thinking of Malaga or Marbella - but not sure.. Was also keen on Granada)
Day 9 - The sea place
Day 10 - The sea place
Day 11 - Day 14 - Barcelona
Day 15 - Evening flight from Barcelona
- What do you feel about the itinerary as a whole?
- Should I drop a day in Barcelona and include a stay at Granada? It sounds lovely.
- What is a good sea place to stay? Should I look at Malaga, Marbella, La Oliva or Valencia? I have read up a little - but am finding it very difficult to choose.. Also La Oliva sounds nice - but since it is an island off the coast, I am not sure how easy would it be to travel there.
Look forward to some help on the plan.
Thanks a lot..
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 ICLOUD Password reset Contact 1888~260 2909 ICLOUD Tec*h sup0rt care 24by7
- 2 Trans Siberian Train
- 3 Itinerary for 4 days in Madrid
- 4 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 5 Malaga Christmas lights
- 6 Real Estate in Andalucia
- 7 GTG Paris December 2017
- 8 10 days in europe
- 9 Must See/Do/Eat in Vienna?
- 10 3 weeks driving the Netherlands
- 11 Lisbon neighborhoods
- 12 London - Paris - Amsterdam trip planning help
- 13 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 14 Germany, Switzerland and Paris with teens
- 15 Slovenia and Croatia in January (Solo)
- 16 Greece during Easter week or August
- 17 From Portugal to the Pyrenees and onto Paris
- 18 Tour Company recommendations for St. Petersburg
- 19 The World's Greatest Churches
- 20 Viking Cruise Tours (Barcelona and French Riviera)-- Please Help
- 21 And the winner is ...India? Egypt? no, Italy!
- 22 Rome, Tuscany & Umbria
- 23 Three nights in the Italian Riviera: hiking in Camogli with day trips
- 24 My France Vacation
- 25 Paris November 2017