Reload this Page >

Southwest Ireland-Hotels, B&B's

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10th, 2002, 10:22 AM
Tim

We are planning a trip to Ireland in early march and will hopefully spend some time in the southwest. Any suggestions for accomodations in Killarney or Dingle Town (reasonably priced B&B's or Hotels). We will be with our 2 1/2 yr old.<BR><BR>Also, how far of a drive is this region from Dublin?<BR><BR><BR>Thanks,<BR>Tim

Old Feb 10th, 2002, 11:13 AM
cd

Tim<BR>Go to http://www.townandcountry.ie/ You can check out B&B's in any county you wish visit. Know that Dingle and Kilarney are in Kerry County (Co Kerry) and they are all reasonably priced. I have used the email address's listed there to sucure reservations for most of our trip as we are going to Ireland in March also. I believe the Dingle Peninsula is about a 6 hr drive to Dublin.

Old Feb 10th, 2002, 03:28 PM
steve

Ditto to the town and country. We used their guidebook and had great results. Stayed at Redwoods in Killarny. Very nice, modern, about 1 mile out of town

Old Feb 11th, 2002, 04:32 AM
Linda

Tim, The drive from Dublin to Killarney took us about 51/2 hours. You need to remember that the roads are not highways most of the time so if you double what it would be travel wise in the US you will do fine. Dingle is about 45mi. from Killarney. We stayed at the Applecroft House in Killarney and it was beautiful. It was about a 10 minute walk to town. The advice about using "town and country" is good. I made all our reservations on-line. However keep in mind most places prefer cash. No problem because there are atm's everywhere. In Dingle we stayed at the Duinin House, very pleasant. The west coast is beautiful. We did both the ring of Kerry and Slea Head drive in Dingle. Food was good and if you can get out the pubs have terrific music.

Old Feb 11th, 2002, 08:10 PM
Bill

I also use T&C and they are great. Easily the book with the most suggestions. The music is great, but be prepared, it usually doesn't start until later (9:30m - 10:00). <BR><BR>Have fun!<BR><BR>Bill