We have about 6-7 nights in late August (family w 6-8 yr old kids) -- we are thinking of flying into Zurich , spending 3 nights in the southern Switzerland area (train from Davos to Lugano perhaps) and then spending the rest of the time in Tuscany (probably Siena?) before flying back to US from Rome.
I know 6-7 nights in probably not enough to do both Switzerland and Italy, but we really want to make it happen -- if we keep only one base in each country and take public transport - is this doable? if so, which parts of tuscany should we focus on? we have been to the lucerne area of switzerland before and were thinking of skipping all that in favor of spending more time in Tuscany. Also, we would like to avoid major cities (except for flying in and out) and keep the itinerary limited to smaller towns as far as possible.
thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 HP printer 1800:681:7208 Password Reset CONTACT HP Tec*h 24*7
- 2 The 2017-18 Ashes thread - up now on the Aussie forum.
- 3 Planning a Poland itinerary
- 4 Poland--where else to go
- 5 The World's Greatest Churches
- 6 frequent functioning, then epidermis
- 7 10 days in europe
- 8 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 9 "chunnel" to change it's offical name.
- 10 Itinerary for 4 days in Madrid
- 11 Trans Siberian Train
- 12 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 13 Malaga Christmas lights
- 14 GTG Paris December 2017
- 15 Must See/Do/Eat in Vienna?
- 16 3 weeks driving the Netherlands
- 17 Lisbon neighborhoods
- 18 London - Paris - Amsterdam trip planning help
- 19 Germany, Switzerland and Paris with teens
- 20 Slovenia and Croatia in January (Solo)
- 21 Greece during Easter week or August
- 22 From Portugal to the Pyrenees and onto Paris
- 23 Tour Company recommendations for St. Petersburg
- 24 Viking Cruise Tours (Barcelona and French Riviera)-- Please Help
- 25 And the winner is ...India? Egypt? no, Italy!