We are a family of 5 with 3 teenagers/pre-teens and plan on booking a trip to Italy late June 2015 for about 9-10 days. Kids are easy travelers. Have already visited Venice, Florence/Tuscany before without kids so would like to explore Rome/Pompeii/Amalfi Coast this time with the kids. Our thought is to fly from Boston to Rome and then start our trip immediately south. Would like to stay for 4ish days on Amalfi Coast, do a day in Pompeii and spend last 4ish days in Rome. Any suggestions for: 1) best transportation to get to AC and back up to Rome - do we need a car?, 2) should we use Sorrento or Positano as our base?, 3) must do things with teenagers in either AC or Rome, 4) any reasonably priced vrbo or hotel recommendations that sleep 5? Thank you in advance for your insights!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 2 And the winner is ...India? Egypt? no, Italy!
- 3 Language course in Trieste, Northern Italy
- 4 Scooter/quad/bike rental on Greek Islands
- 5 Malaga Christmas lights
- 6 Andalusia schedule /Cordoba question
- 7 "chunnel" to change it's offical name.
- 8 Tour Company recommendations for St. Petersburg
- 9 Itinerary for 4 days in Madrid
- 10 More time in Belgium or Germany?
- 11 Best Greek Island
- 12 Viking Cruise Tours (Barcelona and French Riviera)-- Please Help
- 13 Help Getting from Faro to Lisbon
- 14 Italy Croatia Bosnia
- 15 10 days trip to Europe in June of 2018
- 16 Mediterranean princess cruise
- 17 Copenhagen, Stockholm & Bergen April 2018
- 18 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 19 London - Paris - Amsterdam trip planning help
- 20 May Germany, Switzerland, and Iceland
- 21 Highway Death Rates in Europe Now Fewer than in U.S...
- 22 Ronda by bus in early January?
- 23 The World's Greatest Churches
- 24 Car hire from Venice to Croatia and bosnia
- 25 Recommendations for 3 night golf package in the ALgarve