My partner and I will be traveling for 5 weeks starting mid May next year. We fly in and out of Rome. We have been to Italy twice in the past but have only been as far south as Amalfi, we loved Amalfi and would like to go again, this time heading further south and finishing in Sicily.
Our aim for this honeymoon is simple- relaxing. We don't want to change hotels every 2 nights, we want to settle in, enjoy the town, enjoy the food and enjoy the beach and sun.
So my very rough itinerary so far:
Rome to Sardinia -by plane or ferry- it would appear its best to go to Sardinia from Rome
6 nights in Sardinia
Sardinia to Rome/Naples
4 nights in Naples
Naples to Amalfi
6 nights in Amalfi
*Hard part*- I would like to stop somewhere on our way from Amalfi to Sicily- Maratea? Tropea? Is there a coastal town that people might suggest to stop in? Is it worth going across to Puglia? Could spend 4-6 nights in this location.
*Stop over town* to Sicily -these Sicilian towns for us to base in are yet to be decided, again any suggestions would be great 10 nights in Sicily total
5 nights Taormina?
5 nights Palermo?
There is not a lot of information to find on the south, so your suggestions and past experiences would be appreciated! Thanks
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 YAHOO $ 1888:260:2909 Password Reset CONTACT YAHOO Tec*h by 24*7v
- 2 10 days in europe
- 3 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 4 "chunnel" to change it's offical name.
- 5 Itinerary for 4 days in Madrid
- 6 Trans Siberian Train
- 7 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 8 Malaga Christmas lights
- 9 GTG Paris December 2017
- 10 Must See/Do/Eat in Vienna?
- 11 3 weeks driving the Netherlands
- 12 Lisbon neighborhoods
- 13 London - Paris - Amsterdam trip planning help
- 14 Germany, Switzerland and Paris with teens
- 15 Slovenia and Croatia in January (Solo)
- 16 Greece during Easter week or August
- 17 From Portugal to the Pyrenees and onto Paris
- 18 Tour Company recommendations for St. Petersburg
- 19 The World's Greatest Churches
- 20 Viking Cruise Tours (Barcelona and French Riviera)-- Please Help
- 21 And the winner is ...India? Egypt? no, Italy!
- 22 Rome, Tuscany & Umbria
- 23 Three nights in the Italian Riviera: hiking in Camogli with day trips
- 24 My France Vacation
- 25 Paris November 2017
Southern Italy for our Honeymoon- Help with the itinerary!