We're hiring a car for 8 days in southern Germany next year and I just wanted to see what people suggested as the best pick up / drop off locations. I'd rather avoid the bigger cities if possible.
My plan is to catch the train from Frankfurt to Offenburg and pick up a car here, but the drop off place is the one I'm not sure about.
We will end up at Hotel Haus Lippman in Beilstein and need to get to Cologne. I think the best options for car drop off are:
- Mayen (the train is then 1h 40m to Cologne)
- Koblenz (direct train to Cologne in 1hr)
- Cologne Airport (direct train to Cologne in 15mins)
We've driven in Tuscany and Burgunday before, but not Germany. We won't be doing any sightseeing on the way from Beistein to the drop off location as we want to head straight to Cologne.
Is there a preferred drop off place that isn't a big city to drive through from the above 3 locations? Alternate suggestions are welcome.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 HP PRINTER I8OO:57O:I233 INSTALLATION CONTACT HP Tec*h by 24/7
- 2 land vs river cruise
- 3 Germany, Switzerland and Paris with teens
- 4 Buying RER Ticket CDG-Paris
- 5 "chunnel" to change it's offical name.
- 6 Italy Croatia Bosnia
- 7 Malaga Christmas lights
- 8 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 9 London flat feedback wanted - yes, I'm going slightly crazy!
- 10 Trans Siberian Train
- 11 Tips for first trip to UK
- 12 Scotland ideas
- 13 Devon and Dorset: Where to Base?
- 14 London vacation rental agency
- 15 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 16 And the winner is ...India? Egypt? no, Italy!
- 17 South of France
- 18 Czech Republic & Germany in Eleven Days
- 19 Traveling to Ukraine with a travel guide
- 20 My France Vacation
- 21 Slovenia and Croatia in January (Solo)
- 22 Must See/Do/Eat in Vienna?
- 23 The 2017-18 Ashes thread - up now on the Aussie forum.
- 24 Itinerary for 4 days in Madrid
- 25 Rome, Tuscany & Umbria