Paris to Venice + Slovenia

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11th, 2015, 02:32 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We're planning a 10-day trip in June, starting in Paris for three days, then flying to Venice, staying three days, followed by three days in Slovenia, then returning to Venice for the flight back to New York. Multi-city flights are fairly costly ($2100), but I suspect that's the price to be paid. I've been to Paris many times, so my concerns focus on transportation to and from Slovenia as well as where to stay/eat on our last night, which would be near Marco Polo airport. We're thinking of driving to and from Ljubljana, but wondering whether the car rental companies have any restrictions on crossing the border. Any suggestions greatly appreciated.
Old Jan 11th, 2015, 03:42 PM
kja

Wow, that is one FAST-paced trip, since by my count, you won't really have 3 days in any location once you consider transportation and relocation and backtracking to Venice. Have you considered putting all of your time in Venice at the end of your trip?

You will need to make sure that the car has a vignette for driving in Slovenia.
Old Jan 11th, 2015, 05:11 PM
Original Poster

Arriving Paris on June Friday, June 12. Been there 20+ times. No sightseeing, just a few good meals. Fly to Venice on the afternoon of Monday, June 15th. Been there three times. Just a short visit to walk around side streets and see a few new things. Drive to Ljubljana morning of Thursday, June 18th Drive back and stay near March Polo airport on Sunday afternoon, June 21st. This really isn't a fast-paced trip since the only new stop is Ljubljana and the two hops en route are quite manageable. Putting Venice at the end would make for a much longer travel day (flight + driving) plus create a more stressful return to Marco Polo Much easier to drive back, drop the car, and go to the airport.
Old Jan 11th, 2015, 05:40 PM
kja

If you have any interest in Lake Bled, Lake Bohinj, or any of Slovenia's other delightful destinations, you might want to shift a day or two to your time there. It is a very beautiful part of the world -- enjoy!
Old Jan 14th, 2015, 09:05 AM

What about:
Sunday June 14th: Paris CDG dp 20.45 - Ljubljana ar 22.35 (Adria airways), fares start at 108 EUR.
Visit of Slovenja and transfer to Venice
either by boat from Piran or neighbouring Croatian ports,
http://www.portoroz.si/en/files/defa...ENG%202014.pdf
http://www.adriatic-lines.com/524/DE
or by direct bus from Ljubljana to Venice airport and Mestre,
http://www.drd.si/en/default.aspx?ID=199
or by train from Lake Bled to Venice Mestre, for example Lake Bled dp 17.08 - Nova Gorica/Gorizia 18.40/19.41 - Venice Mestre ar 21.44
Old Jan 14th, 2015, 11:16 AM

We just booked a car through Auto Europe that we will pick up in Italy, take to Slovenia, and then return to Italy. You just need to advise the rental car company that you are taking the car into Slovenia. I believe that a lot of rental car companies do not allow this, but I know Europcar does,which is where our rental is from.