Costa Brava: Cadaques or Tamarui ? Pyrenees: Los Molinos or Espot

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16th, 2015, 06:09 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We are a family of 4 with 2 active teens who enjoy nature, hiking, culture, history, and a nice quiet beach with good restaurants and not over run by tourists. As part of our 2 week trip to Spain, we were thinking of spending a few days in Costa Brava. Cadaques was highly recommended by a friend. But, then we heard about about Tamarui. I would love any suggestions. Is one nicer than the other? How do they differ? Do you have other suggestions? We will have a car and will be travelling in the middle of August.

We also plan to hike in the Pyrenees. Two places were recommended as a base for hiking. One was Los Molinos and the other was Espot. I would love any opinions.

Thank you.
Old Jun 16th, 2015, 10:51 AM

You're traveling in August to the Costa Brava and don't like places over run with tourist. Really?

Also, are you talking about this year or next year? Finding accommodations at this late date might prove difficult at best.
Old Jun 16th, 2015, 01:44 PM
Original Poster

Thanks Robert. I have accommodations in both. I have heard that there are a few areas that are less over run with tourists than others. Since I don't live in Spain and haven't visited in many years, I had hoped that I could get information on this forum as to whether that is true and whether one town over the other is less touristy. I guess, from your response, they are all over run with tourists and not worth a visit. Thanks for your advice.
Old Jun 16th, 2015, 02:54 PM

August if very busy along the Costa Barva, but much better in late September-early October.

We where in Tamariu, Calella de Palafrugell and Llafranc last June, before the large crowds arrived. We had a nice lunch in Sa Tuna, which has a small, secluded beach.

Even with the tourist, they are all worth a visit. But you have to deal with the traffic and parking.
Old Jun 16th, 2015, 11:53 PM
5d8

hi,

about the pyrinees.....Where is exactly "los molinos"? it's seems to me a strange name for a place in the Pyrenes....

If you are interested in hyking...what about "vall de nuria"?

http://www.valldenuria.cat/en/summer/

it's easy to reach, there are accomodation there and lots of hikings around!!!
Old Jun 17th, 2015, 07:49 AM

The village of Los Molinos is in the foothills of La Peña Montanesa in Huesca province. The village of Espot is in Lleida province, just off the road to the Val d'Aran, east of Saint Maurici National Park.
Old Jun 17th, 2015, 09:39 AM
5d8

ok!
for a moment i fear that it was some kind of misundertanding with "la molina" (a skii resort)
Old Jun 17th, 2015, 09:52 AM

So was I, since the village is in Huesca province.