Reload this Page >

Southern Eastern Italy - where to go?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25th, 2001, 09:38 AM
jenny

I've got 2 weeks vacation starting 9/9/01. Been to the usual popular great places in Italy. Thinking about the south eastern part of Italy. Any ideas? Will be travelling with my husband and father-in- law, flying into Rome and definitely renting a car. Was thinking of revisiting Venice and the lakes but decided it's too expensive, and probably more romantic to do it with my husband alone. Besides, my fatherinlaw's a countryside guy. Thanks in advance.

Old Aug 25th, 2001, 12:21 PM
Linda

I can't recommend any places to stay, but do recommend that you consider stopping in Alberobello to see the Trulli houses. A very interesting way to spend a couple of hours.

Old Aug 25th, 2001, 01:24 PM
Ursula

You may want to consider Vieste in the Gargano bay on the Adriatic Sea. <BR>And yes, I second visiting the Trulli houses.

Old Aug 25th, 2001, 01:26 PM
Ursula

Jenny: I just realize it's you again. You see, the Trulli houses seem to get some votes on this board.

Old Aug 25th, 2001, 02:10 PM
micia

I vote for Alberobello also. <BR>Really is different and if you are in that area a must see. <BR> <BR>Oria has a castle that is not to bad also. <BR>

Old Aug 25th, 2001, 02:38 PM
xxx

Calabria.

Old Aug 25th, 2001, 05:00 PM
lou

Also in that area is Lecce (out Baroques Rome), Polignano a mare, Martina Franca, and Bari itself! We had a car and stayed at Hotel 90 in Capursa and a hotel in Martina Franca.