I was told by somebody in France that there is a very pleasant train ride that can be done starting from Marseille that goes to Italy. Apparently, it is along the coast and it is gorgeous; it has the sea on one side and the mountains on the other.
My understanding is that it stops frequently, I think it is a regional train, and I can choose to hop on and off the train whenever I want. I would like to go to Nice or perhaps even a city in Italy, but I don't know which one. I have no knowledge of that part of Italy.
I want to leave on a Monday and be back to Marseille on Wednesday night or Thursday morning since I have a flight out to Greece.
Does anybody have more information about this? I don't know what this train is called, how it works (I like the idea of being able to hop on and off at will but I don't understand how I can purchase that option. How is it called?), does it run during the night so I can sleep in the train and save a night at a hostel, or where I should stop along the way.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 3 weeks driving the Netherlands
- 2 Driving
- 3 London flat feedback wanted - yes, I'm going slightly crazy!
- 4 May Germany, Switzerland, and Iceland
- 5 Algarve Town Selection
- 6 Tips for first trip to UK
- 7 paris to london- day trip
- 8 Browsing Barcelona
- 9 Three nights in the Italian Riviera: hiking in Camogli with day trips
- 10 Pubs showing NFL football in London?
- 11 How many miles is a good 'walking tour'?
- 12 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 13 Buying a motorcycle in Europe??
- 14 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 15 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 16 Help With Itinerary By Train: London, Paris, Nice, Florence
- 17 ROMA Pass inclusions. - 3 days in Rome
- 18 Spain December/ January 2018/19
- 19 Portugal
- 20 Pisa Central to Hotel Kinzica at late night.
- 21 Looking for Good Eating in Valencia
- 22 London - Paris - Amsterdam trip planning help
- 23 GTG Paris December 2017
- 24 10 Days in Austria
- 25 Rome, Tuscany & Umbria