Sorrento March or June 2007?

Old May 9th, 2006, 02:41 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorrento March or June 2007?

I am trying to plan a trip to Sorrento next year and I need it to correspond with my son's school. The choices to go to Sorrento would be March (week of the 12th) or right after he gets out of school (the week June 11th). Which would be better? I know March would have less crowds but weather could be bad. June could be hot and will have more crowds. Also is a lot close in March? I only have a little over a week if we go in March. In June we could extend and take a trip to Rome. We have been to Rome before and would like to go back but we could do that on another trip.
Old May 9th, 2006, 03:23 AM

If it were me, I would pick June. I don't think June is as crowded as July & August, and March would be a little chilly for me for a coastal area.

We were there in August 2004 and it didn't seem too hot, although hot doesn't really bother me, either, so take that with a grain of salt. It was so refreshing to swim in the afternoon when the heat reached it's peak.

In contrast, this past March I was in Rome and Florence and I was FREEZING!! I had to wear my hat, scarf and gloves the entire week.
Old May 9th, 2006, 06:23 AM

We just got back from a March trip to Rome and Sorrento. I actually took too many warm clothes and I had to buy several t-shirts. The weather was sunny and warm every day ( a little chillier one day because of the thin layer of clouds, but still very nice). We managed to get in Rome and Sorrento in a week (left Friday night and returned the following Sunday), but I could have used more time at each place. So, even though March would be fine, I think, if you can add some time by going in June, that would probably be my recommendation. I do think that the airfares will be higher then, but maybe not too much. As for things being closed - many of the stores and restaurants in Positano were closed which was one of the reasons we chose to stay in Sorrento (that and the fact that Sorrento is a very central base for that whole area). In Sorrento - pretty much everything was open and there weren't the crowds that you would probably get in June. Either way - enjoy!
Old May 9th, 2006, 06:53 AM
ira

Hi B,

I suggest June.

Old May 9th, 2006, 10:48 AM

Hi beth, I noticed on the Sorrento webcam that it is has been raining in Sorrento today and people have jackets on this evening.

Another vote for June beth! Weather wise and in that you would have more time in Italy is the reason for my thinking. Best wishes.
Old May 9th, 2006, 10:51 AM

June - weather will be much better - and everything will be open and running.