Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Soul food in London or Paris? Heard there is one near the Latin Quarter, Does anyone know the name?

Search

Soul food in London or Paris? Heard there is one near the Latin Quarter, Does anyone know the name?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30th, 2002, 12:50 PM
Juanita

I have heard that there are Soul food restaurants in both cities. I'll be in Europe nearly two months and would love to have some home cooking after having eaten the local food for a while. A friend said that she saw one in the Latin Quarter in Paris about two years ago but she forgets the name of the place. She didn't eat there because at that point she was quite content with all of the other wonderful French and Greek restaurants in the area. Does anyone know the name of this place?

Old Mar 30th, 2002, 01:45 PM
Jo Mama

Juanita, Honey, I done told you that if you want you some good chitlins, sweet potato casserole and fried okra, you gots to stay at the homeplace gurl! They's ain't gonna be none of that kinda eatin over there in Yo-rup! They's all white folks cross the ocean over there!

Old Mar 30th, 2002, 02:32 PM
Juanita

Ha Ha HA! Not funny! I know why would there be soul food in Paris? But there is and Im looking for it. Turkey!

Old Mar 30th, 2002, 02:39 PM
jo mama

Juanita, seriously. I'd try looking in the Latin quarter....that might be your best bet? I spent 4 months abroad in Paris but can't recall a "soul food"joint! I"ll keep my ears open though-

Old Mar 30th, 2002, 03:31 PM
Jayelle

Juanita,<BR> Try the following web site: www.cafedelasoul.com. Scroll down and on the righthand side click on "restaurants." You'll find a listing of soul food restaurants in Paris.<BR>

Old Mar 30th, 2002, 06:12 PM
Juanita

Thank you Jayelle! I found it and its called BOJANGLES. The place is owned by 2 African Americans and they serve soul food as well as Caribbean and African foods. It looks pretty nice. Thank you!!!

Old Mar 30th, 2002, 06:13 PM
Juanita

I forgot to say that its in Paris!!!

Old Mar 30th, 2002, 06:25 PM
Capo

Great website, I've bookmarked it for the next time in Paris. Thanks, Jayelle.