My brother and I are going to be staying in Sorrento mid-September. We'll be in Italy for 2 weeks, and will have done Rome, Florence and Venice before going on to Sorrento. Our plans changed slightly and will now be spending an extra night in Rome and taking the train through to Sorrento the next day (a Sunday). I thought of stopping in Naples, doing a hop on hop off bus in the morning, then going on to Pompeii for the afternoon. I know people say that you can spend the whole day in Pompeii but I highly doubt my brother and I will survive it (we're both fair and will look like tomatoes if we had to spend the whole day in the sun), and then heading on to Sorrento late afternoon. Do you think this is too much to squash into a day? We have such limited time that we'd like to do as much as possible.
We then have the next day free, was thinking of either going to Capri or taking a bus/ferry through to Amalfi and try get out to the temples at Paestum. We fly out of Rome the evening of the next day (Tuesday) so thought we'll relax in Sorrento for the morning and then start making our way to Rome early afternoon.
Any advice would be welcome.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 EPSON printer 1800:681:72O8 installation CONTACT EPSON Tec*h by 24/7
- 2 Champs E.....no market ‘this year? How will it look?
- 3 Need Car & Driver for Southern Italy
- 4 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 5 Viking Cruise Tours (Barcelona and French Riviera)-- Please Help
- 6 London - Paris - Amsterdam trip planning help
- 7 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 8 Problem with Trip Advisor
- 9 May Germany, Switzerland, and Iceland
- 10 Language course in Trieste, Northern Italy
- 11 10 days trip to Europe in June of 2018
- 12 Italy with kids - off the beaten bath
- 13 Driving
- 14 "chunnel" to change it's offical name.
- 15 GTG Paris December 2017
- 16 Paris or Rome dinner recommendations
- 17 Malaga Christmas lights
- 18 Ronda by bus in early January?
- 19 London flat feedback wanted - yes, I'm going slightly crazy!
- 20 Highway Death Rates in Europe Now Fewer than in U.S...
- 21 20th wedding anniversary, Le Grand Tour
- 22 Poland--where else to go
- 23 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 24 5 days in Andalusia
- 25 Three nights in the Italian Riviera: hiking in Camogli with day trips