Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   Sorolla's "Visions of Spain", in Spain (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/sorollas-visions-of-spain-in-spain-747221/)

josele Nov 7th, 2007 11:06 AM

Sorolla's "Visions of Spain", in Spain

Under the title “Visions of Spain”, the 14 canvases painted by Sorolla for Huntington’s Hispanic Society (NYC) in 1913-1919 shall be exhibited in Spain for the first time. Already opened in Valencia. Not to miss, if you happen to be there.
The calendar of exhibition of the big 14 canvases is as follows: VALENCIA, November 7, 2007 to March 31, 2008;
SEVILLE: Museum of Fine Arts , from April 22 to June 29;
MALAGA . Municipal Museum, from July 18 to September 21,
BARCELONA, MNAC, from October 16 to January 11, 2009.
BILBAO: Museum of Fine Arts, from February 2 to April 12, 2009;
and the MADRID Prado Museum, from May 7 to July 26, 2009.
In September 2009, they shall return to Valencia till Columbus Day(October the 12th, Dia de la Hispanidad) before returning to their original emplacement in The United States.

lincasanova Nov 7th, 2007 11:39 AM

the free, but by reservation, tickets are already GONE until January 1st. On november 19(?) they will open the phones, emails, etc. for the next months of reservations.

a bit disappointing. i hope to manage to see it somehow. i live here, after all, but this is the type of thing that enrages me.

Today was the first day I saw on TV announced how and when to get the free tickets. In the next breath they warned everyone there were none left until next year.

i guess time to look for an "enchufe"..(connection). Will keep you posted!

cova Nov 7th, 2007 01:52 PM

Well, Lin ... and can you imagine my disappointment when I saw that Bilbao and Madrid are scheduled for 2009?

Your story sounds like the tickets were already given, maybe to sponsors?

At least I have the "Velazquez´s Fables" at the Prado to look forward to.

Cova

meo Nov 7th, 2007 03:13 PM

Do you know how I can order tickets for the exhibit while it is in Seville?

Thanks!

cova Nov 8th, 2007 12:52 PM

I have checked a couple of webs, and it seems that it is not possible to buy tickets for the museum in Sevilla ahead of time.

Josele might be more aware of the situation ( maybe fnac.es ? )

Bye, Cova

josele Nov 8th, 2007 02:05 PM

No news at present for ticket reservations in Malaga. In Valencia, from Nov19 tickets shall be available for Jan, Feb and March. All tickets are free, but they must be resrved. I'll post whatever news I have.

lincasanova Nov 9th, 2007 12:29 PM

Good news for those coming to valencia on weekends . It has been decided to keep the museum open ALL NIGHT, fridays and saturdays starting november 16th.

Free entrance .. no reserved ticket necessary.

I am not sure how long this will go on after november, but at least it is calming the complaints from the "pueblo" who was quite upset at the prospect of having to wait until january to TRY to see this.

johnthedorf Nov 9th, 2007 03:02 PM

I went to the Sorolla home in Madrid. Loved it. The museum/home is as interesting as his art. It becomes obvious how wealthy he became yet not extravagant.

kenderina Nov 9th, 2007 03:48 PM

I don't know when...but I want to see the exhibition !! :)

lincasanova Nov 11th, 2007 01:36 PM

good news. no need for reserved time tickets any longer.

now there are two lines.. one for non-ticketed persons. They say it is moving easily. they don´t even have a place to make reservations on the website anymore.

i am happy! hope to get down there tomorrow or next day. will keep you posted.

ComfyShoes Nov 11th, 2007 02:17 PM

Interesting.... Josele, Thanks for posting the details.