Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

What does the landscape of Italy look like in fall?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29th, 2001, 09:27 AM
Lynn

My husband and I will be traveling to Italy next week (Rome, Tuscany, Florence and Venice)- any thoughts on what the landscape will be? Do they have the changing colors of autumn like we do here? <BR>Thanks

Old Sep 29th, 2001, 09:34 AM
Helen Donegan

Hi Lynn <BR>BETTER than you have there!!! <BR>I am sitting in Umbria with the window wide open (I will be roasting chestnuts later) - it is a beautiful evening and it has been a beautiful week - lots of sunshine and autumn smells. <BR>The colour during the day are browns and russets and greens with a blue sky - this is what it is usually like September/October - I hope you love it as I do!

Old Sep 29th, 2001, 01:39 PM
micia

Helen: Be careful, you may get blasted on your post. <BR>We have some really pretty places in the US that can rival Italy. <BR>Ever been to Virginia for one?

Old Sep 29th, 2001, 03:59 PM
Helen Donegan

Hi Micia <BR>I was joking Micia - I have heard all about the Autumns in the US and have always wanted to visit New England in the Fall. <BR>The way Lynn asked if we have the changing colours of Autumn made me smile and I replied in a jokey way. <BR>I love Autumn everywhere - it is my favourite season - I hope you are enjoying yours.

Old Sep 29th, 2001, 05:49 PM
JxF

- <BR>Lynn: <BR> <BR>You're visiting Italy at a lovely time of year, however they don't have the weather nor the type of foliage necessary to create the glorious autumnal display put on in the northeast of the US. <BR> <BR>There are no "leaf peeper" tours in Italy.

Old Sep 30th, 2001, 05:34 AM
micia

Helen" So glad you made that clear. <BR>I hate seeing so many honest posts go down hill fast, with cruel people answering. <BR>I have seen you help out often enough here and didn't want to see you attacked.