Some place to stay close to CDG?

Old Jan 7th, 2022, 04:37 PM
twk
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Some place to stay close to CDG?

We're going to Normandy in May. Original plan was to arrive at CDG about 9:00 a.m. on Friday, May 13, proceed into Paris, take a train to Rouen, spending the night there before proceeding to Caen by train Saturday and picking up a rental car there to drive to Port-en-Bessin. Now, American has pushed our flight back so that we're arriving at around 1:30 p.m. I figure this means we'd arrive in Rouen too late in the day to see anything, so I'm contemplating picking up a rental car at CDG (we were picking up in Caen rather than Rouen because we couldn't reserve an automatic in Rouen, so picking up at CDG would give us an even better chance of getting our preferred rental car), then driving a very short distance to spend the night before proceeding on to Normandy Saturday morning. I'm willing to drive a little bit out of the way if going North would get us pleasant mid-range hotel that's not in the path of every Parisian trying to get out of town for the weekend.

We could just stay at the airport, but I think that I would prefer to get a little bit away from CDG if possible.

Any suggestions on where to stay on Friday night? Preferably no more than 30-45 minutes from CDG and not more into the urban sprawl of Paris.
Old Jan 7th, 2022, 04:48 PM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
I'd look in Senlis -- about 15 miles from CDG / nice medieval town & cathedral
Old Jan 7th, 2022, 06:45 PM
twk
Original Poster

Thanks. That looks promising.
Old Jan 7th, 2022, 08:58 PM

We stayed at Chantilly. Very nice chateau, gardens, and horse stables to visit. The hotel/restaurant where we stayed was fabulous. Short drive to CDG the next morning.

Stu Dudley

Last edited by StuDudley; Jan 7th, 2022 at 09:01 PM.
Old Jan 8th, 2022, 04:08 AM

We stayed in Chantilly. Pretty town and short easy drive to CDG. Had a great dinner in a little bistro in town and toured the castle. Nice area for walking.
Old Jan 8th, 2022, 02:59 PM
twk
Original Poster

More interesting suggestions. I guess I would need to see if they are having horse races at Chantilly at that time, as that might influence the choice of lodging.
Old Jan 8th, 2022, 03:41 PM

Best thing to do is to go to the hotel's web site & try to reserve for your specific date. Here is where we stayed.

https://www.chateaudemontvillargenne.com/en/

Stu Dudley