My husband and I are going to France this September/October. We will be in Paris for just over 2 weeks at the end of the trip. It is our second time to Paris. We are both in our early 30's and are foodies (and winies - not winos ).
I'm looking at an apartment with Paris Address, which is the agency we used last time. I need a bit of advice/insider knowledge please. I like everything about the apartment itself and the price is very good.
However, from a google street search it appears to be right above a cabaret club La Nouvelle Eve and the area looks like it may get a wee bit dodgy at night.
My husband also thinks that it might be a bit too far away from the "main bits" although I have assured him that with the métro and bus network pretty much everywhere is just a short ride away. And we have spent a little time already seeing the "main attractions" and this time I want to just live and relax and wander. Last time we stayed on the border of the 6th and 7th and this time I'd like to be in a different area. I also found a nice apartment in the Chatelet area but the price was significantly more than the first one and I think this area might be jam packed with tourists and the junky souvenir shops that usually go along with high tourist traffic areas.
I plan on getting us Navigo Decouverte cards which will make it very easy to just grab a metro ride or bus.
I guess the advice I need is: Is the area seedy? Will it feel comfortable to wander back from a restaurant at night. And maybe I need some reassurance that it is not "out of the way".
Thanks in advance for your help.
PS the Chatelet apartment link for comparison:
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Rail vs. Plane
- 2 Two week Europe itenirary help
- 3 5 nights in Spain, need help!
- 4 Self Drive UK tour
- 5 Overwhelmed with planning! Need help from Italy experts.
- 6 hotel reservations in Switzerland in June?
- 7 Where to See Flamenco
- 8 US dairy vs European Dairy
- 9 Arezzo - how much time?
- 10 London: Stunning New American Embassy
- 11 2 week May trip with kids
- 12 Can only visit one (maybe two) cities. Which one?
- 13 Paris November 2017
- 14 Room in Boppard with a Rhine view
- 15 Is a quick stopover in Bern worth it with 3 kids?
- 16 New Years in France
- 17 Easter Week in Italy
- 18 8 day flexi Swiss pass
- 19 First time italy, 12 nights. What to do
- 20 10 Days in May: Switzerland Itinerary Help
- 21 Which Aran Island??
- 22 Spain or Portugal
- 23 Overnight stop from Berlin to Paris
- 24 Winter ... UK Finland Sweden. (Live...ish)
- 25 First Time To Europe Itinerary. Thoughts? Suggestions? Please
Some advice on Paris apartment that I'm looking at please.