This year, sometime in late spring - summer, is going to be my first trip to Europe. I have a basic plan, some input would be very helpful.
I started off with travel guides in the library for some initial input, as there are obviously too many awesome choices. Ok, so for this trip, I am thinking of doing either of the following:
1. Barcelona and Paris - flying into Barcelona (staying 3 days) and flying out of Paris (staying 6 days), for a total stay of 9 or 10 days.
2. Paris(6 days) and Swiss Alps(3 or 4 days), flying in and out of Paris
Do these seem like doable options, given the amount of time I have? Also, if I were to pick a city and beach destination in France, what would Nice and Paris be a good choice?
For Paris, would it be better (price-wise), to look for small studios/apartment for the days I'm there, or am I better off getting a hotel?
With English, some very very basic Spanish, and a few French words, getting around in Paris should be ok, I'm hoping.
Your input is appreciated. I am still in the initial stages for this trip - thought I'd get some input here before finalizing plans. Thank you.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 And the winner is ...India? Egypt? no, Italy!
- 2 Driving
- 3 Tour Company recommendations for St. Petersburg
- 4 Malaga Christmas lights
- 5 Itinerary for 4 days in Madrid
- 6 10 days in Cologne Munich Switzerland
- 7 My France Vacation
- 8 Is Bologna ok for a 3 months stsy?
- 9 Car hire from Venice to Croatia and bosnia
- 10 Where to stay in Naples?
- 11 Italy Croatia Bosnia
- 12 Provence and Cote de Azure
- 13 "chunnel" to change it's offical name.
- 14 Andalusia schedule /Cordoba question
- 15 Ronda by bus in early January?
- 16 May Germany, Switzerland, and Iceland
- 17 From Portugal to the Pyrenees and onto Paris
- 18 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 19 More time in Belgium or Germany?
- 20 10 days trip to Europe in June of 2018
- 21 London - Paris - Amsterdam trip planning help
- 22 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 23 CACHOPO, CABRALES & CARBAYONES Asturias..and "The Best Steak in The World"
- 24 Buying RER Ticket CDG-Paris
- 25 20th wedding anniversary, Le Grand Tour