Solo Trip to the High Tatras in Slovakia

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20th, 2017, 07:22 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello! I am currently completing a research fellowship in Finland. As of June 10th, I will have one month to travel. I will be going to Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania and then spending several days in Krakow, Poland. At that point, my travel companion is leaving for London. I will have 8 days before I have to be back to Helsinki to fly back to the states. I am looking for some suggestions/advice.

I would really like to go to the High Tatras in Slovakia. I'm thinking of either staying in Poprad or Stary Smokovec If anyone has been there, I would love to hear about your experience. Where you stayed, what you did, etc. I love to hike, but I'm a little leery of hiking alone. I looked into taking a tour, but I could't find one that would work with the time frame that I have. If you have been there, is this a trip that you would suggest for a female traveling solo?