I'm an experienced traveler but for some reason can't make up my mind on this trip. I'm having to book and budget as if it'll be a solo trip because my travel companion won't be able to confirm his availability to November. Iceland is expensive when accommodations can't be split.
I have a quote for a fly / drive, but have been advised against it because of the weather, and being from florida not having experience driving in it. But even besides that, the quote for 10 days is too expensive if I end up having to travel alone.
I've looked at other travel providers, Gate1, etc but I'm not sure that's the way to go either. I just feel the packages that Gate 1 specifically offer right now don't have enough free time.
I'm willing to reduce the number of days in country from 10 to maybe 5-6, but some packages only have 3 nights in town and that seems to be to little time. I mean of course I can go back but want to have a nice experience and see "enough" to make it worth it.
Booking alone, I'm considering but I'm not even sure how to start with that.
Anyone suffer from the same condition, vacation paralysis and what was the end result? Any and all recommendations? One other option is to arrange with my friend to go in 2017, but I was supposed to go to Iceland last year and had to cancel and I've been dreaming of it since.
ARGH who thought vacation planning was this complicated, and normally it's not for me. I find a package / location / and just book it. but Iceland is got me crazy LOL. I just want to book something so it's "official" but I also know not to rush.
Sorry for the long post and thanks for any advice.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 HP PRINTER @ I8OO*68I*72O8 in$tallation CONTACT HP PRINTER Tec*h care 24/7
- 2 Tips for first trip to UK
- 3 Malaga Christmas lights
- 4 Devon and Dorset: Where to Base?
- 5 September in Venice, Croatia, and Slovenia
- 6 What To Do in Athens on a Sunday
- 7 Buying RER Ticket CDG-Paris
- 8 Must See/Do/Eat in Vienna?
- 9 "chunnel" to change it's offical name.
- 10 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 11 London vacation rental agency
- 12 The 2017-18 Ashes thread - up now on the Aussie forum.
- 13 Scotland ideas
- 14 land vs river cruise
- 15 The World's Greatest Churches
- 16 London flat feedback wanted - yes, I'm going slightly crazy!
- 17 Germany, Switzerland and Paris with teens
- 18 Italy Croatia Bosnia
- 19 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 20 Trans Siberian Train
- 21 And the winner is ...India? Egypt? no, Italy!
- 22 South of France
- 23 Czech Republic & Germany in Eleven Days
- 24 Traveling to Ukraine with a travel guide
- 25 My France Vacation