It's my first time traveling out of Singapore/Southeast Asia and I would really like to visit Europe in May. Unfortunately all my friends aren't free/have other considerations so it would have to be a solo trip.
I'm a light skinned Asian, female, petite (160cm and UK size 4). I'm keen on architecture, museums, culture. Planning to live in hostels and live on a budget since this is my grad trip. My concerns are safety, language barrier (I speak only English and my Asian mother-tongue), ease of travel. I know that there are so many successful stories here and elsewhere on solo travel, but it seems that few are coming from an Asian perspective.
1) Where is safe/good given my considerations as an good introduction to Western Europe? I will be flying into either London or Paris and would like to spend 5-6 days each in London and Paris. I will be going for approx 25-30 days in total. My budget currently is 2,100 euros for the trip, excluding airtickets. This works out around 75 euros a day, including travel. I'll appreciate links to any itineraries.
2) I heard that Italy and Spain are too dangerous for a solo Asian like me - due to the pickpockets and language barrier. Any comments on that?
Traveling in May-Jun 2013.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Itinerary for 4 days in Madrid
- 2 Scotland ideas
- 3 Hiking - Suggest a location
- 4 The World's Greatest Churches
- 5 September in Venice, Croatia, and Slovenia
- 6 Devon and Dorset: Where to Base?
- 7 Tips for first trip to UK
- 8 Black Friday in Britain? Why?
- 9 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 10 Where to buy Saffron?
- 11 land vs river cruise
- 12 Malaga Christmas lights
- 13 Help with suggestions for Portugal 2 week trip
- 14 Portugal
- 15 Paris November 2017
- 16 Anyone ever used a resort for a day in Santorini??
- 17 What To Do in Athens on a Sunday
- 18 London flat feedback wanted - yes, I'm going slightly crazy!
- 19 paris to london- day trip
- 20 Planning a Poland itinerary
- 21 "chunnel" to change it's offical name.
- 22 U.K. Website & 1-Way Flight Booking Questions
- 23 10 days in Cologne Munich Switzerland
- 24 Germany, Switzerland and Paris with teens
- 25 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
Solo travel for an Chinese female, aged 23 - itinerary suggestions