Thought I would turn to the seasoned travelers here for some advice. I'm a 24 year old female about to embark on my first solo travel. After much debate between Western Europe and Turkey, I decided to head to Turkey for about 9 days around the 18th-28th of December 2014. I have not been to Turkey before. I was wondering if anyone has been there that time of year? Are most places open as per usual?
What's a good itinerary? I'm mostly interested in seeing the main areas of Istanbul and maybe take a day trip or something to nearby historical sites. I was thinking to spend about 5 days in Istanbul and split the rest of the time between Antakya (city) and Cyprus (North). Perhaps 2 days each? Do you guys think this is doable?
Any ideas/suggestions/advice will be much appreciated!
I apologize in advance if something similar was previously asked.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Women's semi-stylish, comfortable shoes?
- 2 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 3 Four Nights in Nice--What should we do?
- 4 Looking for Paris Rental Apt.
- 5 First time in Spain
- 6 where to buy baby gifts in paris?
- 7 Help me get excited about a week in Portugal
- 8 Recommendations Budget hotel Paris
- 9 Wedding In Cambridge England
- 10 Once upon a time in Italy
- 11 Help me pick a destination --- Please!
- 12 A Merry marvelousmouse, and (likely more than one) cup of good cheer!
- 13 Copying a post on Swiss gondolas.
- 14 Chinese new year festivities in Paris
- 15 beware of robbed in Milan
- 16 GTG Paris December 2017
- 17 Christmas in Granada....food!
- 18 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 19 Paris November 2017
- 20 Christmas day lunch in prague
- 21 Connecting trains in Chambery
- 22 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann 2017
- 23 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 24 London 'Tube-less', Fine dining, Fun excursions plus a GTG
- 25 Lost property at Fiumicino airport Rome