I am new to traveling by myself but would be doing so to Athens. I have been to other European cities (such as Paris, Prague, and Berlin) but I am a bit weary in going to Athens by myself with all the pickpocketers and robberies I have been reading.
Therefore, I was wondering in there are other female travelers (solo or not) that would like like to meet up and we can look out for one another.
I am planning to be in Athens next Friday (April 20th) and am planning to stay there for 3-4 days before going to Santorini.
Also, aside from looking for another traveler, can anyone recommnend a safe area for hotels and which areas to avoid? Any body have horror stories regarding safety, pickpocketers, or any other experiences you like to share so I can have some tips to avoid similar situation?
Thanks in advance for you help
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 10 Days in Austria
- 2 Help with Venice Trip?
- 3 Russian-American Relations: safe to travel? Get Visas?
- 4 Restaurant suggestion Bamberg
- 5 Lisbon neighborhoods
- 6 [Crete] Trapped in Skouloufia? Please help!
- 7 Preliminary planning for Croatia May or June 2017
- 8 Le Marche Research Help
- 9 Where to Eat in Barcelona
- 10 FCO hotel for late arrival?
- 11 Greece in end October
- 12 First - but not last - trip to Greece
- 13 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 14 GTG Paris December 2017
- 15 Laurel and Hardy in Drag Do Bangkok
- 16 London - Paris - Amsterdam trip planning help
- 17 Planning to visit Italy in first 2 weeks of Jan
- 18 Favorite London memories
- 19 Help/Critique Slovenia Trip
- 20 Adventureseeker returns to Italy! As glorious and detailed as before!
- 21 Anthropology and Archeology for the Turkey Traveler
- 22 Return to Slovenia and Venice plus Trieste
- 23 Norte Dame light show!
- 24 Leaving Paris. Just a little sad.
- 25 Avignon
Solo female traveler looking for female traveler(s) in Athens & Santorini