I am a twenty-something female looking to visit Paris sometime during October or November 2012 for about two weeks. I have traveled to Paris before and absolutely ADORED IT, however this will be my first time going solo (or actually traveling to any foreign country solo). I have not booked anything on my trip, so below I have listed out a few questions (but ANY advice would be lovely):
- Where to Stay: During my last trip we stayed in a flat on Ile Saint Louis which was amazing, however I am wondering if perhaps since I am staying alone it would be safer to stay in a hotel. I want to stay in central Paris (arrondisments 1-7). My maximum budget is about $200 per night, however I would prefer to stay somewhere at least somewhat luxurious.
- Cooking Classes: I have always dreamt of visiting Paris to take a cooking and/or pastry making classes. Any recommendations would be GREAT!
- Day-Trips: My last trip to Paris we visited Versailles, and I would love to see Giverny however I will most likely save that for another trip so I can go when the flowers are in full-bloom. Do you have any recommendations on a few day-trips from Paris? I don’t particularly enjoy traveling with a large group on a bus, but I would be open to it as I’d prefer not to rent a car (traveling by train would be ideal).
- Metro/Bus/Taxi: On my last trip to Paris we traveled solely by metro, however I did notice at night that some of the stations were very desolate (which would have made me very uncomfortable if I had been alone). What would you recommend the best way of travel to be in the evenings (given I’d prefer not to have to take multiple cabs every single night, as it gets expensive very quickly)?
- Activities: My last week in Paris we visited most of the main tourist sites (Eiffel Tower, Arc de Triumph, Louvre, Organerie, Orsay, etc.) so any other ideas would be great! I love art, film, fashion, food, wine, architecture, etc.
- Travel/Safety Tips: Overall any Paris travel tips and/or solo female traveler safety tips would be so much appreciated.
I am definitely a bit apprehensive about traveling alone for the first time to a foreign country, so please feel free to share your experiences
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 2 Rome, Tuscany & Umbria
- 3 Pisa Central to Hotel Kinzica at late night.
- 4 Looking for Good Eating in Valencia
- 5 Pubs showing NFL football in London?
- 6 Laurel and Hardy in Drag Do Bangkok
- 7 Portugal
- 8 Feedback on where to go (23 Mar to 8 Apr 2018)
- 9 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 10 How many miles is a good 'walking tour'?
- 11 Lisbon neighborhoods
- 12 Christmas Markets 2017
- 13 Help With Itinerary By Train: London, Paris, Nice, Florence
- 14 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 15 Le Marche Research Help
- 16 London flat feedback wanted - yes, I'm going slightly crazy!
- 17 land vs river cruise
- 18 ROMA Pass inclusions. - 3 days in Rome
- 19 Buying a motorcycle in Europe??
- 20 Tips for first trip to UK
- 21 paris to london- day trip
- 22 10 days in europe
- 23 Help/Critique Slovenia Trip
- 24 Adventureseeker returns to Italy! As glorious and detailed as before!
- 25 GTG Paris December 2017