I am traveling in early August from Barcelona to San Sebastian over a period of about 2 weeks. I will be alone, and am on a budget...with that said, I do want to make the most of my time.
I plan on spending only one day in Barcelona (I will have been there before by then) and two or three in San Sebastian at the end of the journey across the Pyrenees. All other days will be spent exploring the Spainish wilderness.
My rough itinerary:
Day 1 - Barcelona
Day 2 - Olot (NP de la zona volcanica Garrotxa) - arrive by Teisa bus
Day 3 - Olot
Day 4 - Llavorsi - transport from Olot??
Day 5 - NP d'Aiguestortes i Estany de Sant Maurici
Day 6 - NP d'Aiguestortes i Estany de Sant Maurici
Day 7 - NP de Ordesa y Monte Perdido
Day 8 - NP de Ordesa y Monte Perdido
Day 9 - Pamplona
Day 10 - Pamplona
Day 11 - ??
Day 12 - San Sebastian
Day 13 - San Sebastian
Day 14 - San Sebastian to Madrid
- Is Olot worth a visit? Or should I skip it and spend more time hiking in a NP?
- Any other National parks in proximity to my route that you recommend?
- Are the bus routes fairly reliable from these areas to one another?
- Any specifics you recommend in regards to shelters/dorms/cities along the way?
I really appreciate any and all suggestions!!!
Thank you for your time.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Which Area in London?
- 2 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 3 London 'Tube-less', Fine dining, Fun excursions plus a GTG
- 4 Help me get excited about a week in Portugal
- 5 Where to Visit in Normandy & Brittany
- 6 family trip to Germany and more
- 7 Overnight stop from Berlin to Paris
- 8 Trains - website?
- 9 Ham tacos and the toilet isn't sucking mud
- 10 Paris Apartment
- 11 Lisbon stay - Olissippo Lapa Palace vs NH Collection Lisboa Liberdade
- 12 Headed to Madrid in the Spring
- 13 Barcelona to Malaga
- 14 UK Mid- May drive week Cornwall
- 15 Milan airport--which one
- 16 Lorie Valley and Beyond
- 17 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 18 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 19 Overwhelmed with planning! Need help from Italy experts.
- 20 1st time to Europe
- 21 Paris November 2017
- 22 Can only visit one (maybe two) cities. Which one?
- 23 A Merry marvelousmouse, and (likely more than one) cup of good cheer!
- 24 Three nights in the Italian Riviera: hiking in Camogli with day trips
- 25 St, Goar or Bacharach
Solo budget traveler from Barcelona to San Sebastian interested in hiking