Soccer (football) jerseys?

Dec 1st, 2001, 01:16 PM
Olivia

Soccer (football) jerseys?

My niece and nephew are avid soccer players and have requested soccer (football) jerseys for Christmas. We will be in Paris, Mainz (near Frankfurt), London and Manchester in 3 weeks. Where is best to pick up the soccer jerseys (very small adult, medium adult sizes)?

Dec 3rd, 2001, 05:47 AM
Art

Any sporting goods shop in those cities will have kits available. If you are close to the home stadium of a team they usually have a fan shop on the grounds where you can purchase items as well. You may also find some selections in the larger department stores.

In London, pick up a shirt from Tottenham Hotspurs (come on you Spurs!) and in Manchester of course it has to be a shirt from Manchester United (even if they are struggling this season).

Dec 3rd, 2001, 08:19 AM
david west

Apart from seconding the fine sentiments above. Come on you spurs! I would add.

You can also get old style shirts ie vintage replicas at Sports pages in Charing Cross rd.

Oh and please, pretty please, don't call it soccer.

Dec 4th, 2001, 02:52 AM
OliviA

To the poster who noted that something strange is going on with Fodor's--two replies and my thanks and request for information on football team jerseys to look for in Paris and in Mainz (Germany) have disappeared! Unfortunately, I ran out of computer paper and had not printed the earlier two replies. If you are still out there, would you please repost? Thanks again!

Dec 4th, 2001, 04:48 AM
david west

for something a bit different why not have a lokk at the philosophy football site:

http://www.philosophy-football.co.uk/welcome.htm

rather spiffing I think you'll find. I have the blanchflower one.

Dec 7th, 2001, 12:12 PM
Tim

Olivia, you are permitted to call it soccer. After all, they do in Ireland. There, gaelic football is football, so what Americans call soccer, they also tend to call soccer. Although, sometimes they do call soccer football. It gets very confusing in Ireland. But what else can you expect in a coutry where "Belvoir" is pronounced "Beaver"?