Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   So did you miss me? I am planning again - solo this time. (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/so-did-you-miss-me-i-am-planning-again-solo-this-time-592295/)

peeky Feb 18th, 2006 05:08 PM

So did you miss me? I am planning again - solo this time.

Hi gang. I quasi-dumped the bf - what a shame - went from a lovely raison to a plump plum and I want to travel like all of you do.

I understand now that I am doomed to go it alone. Which country would be think would be the best for a single lady?

I have ruled out all countries starting with letters A - C. D for Denmark is OK? F and G countries are ok, as well as I and S.
I'am scrolling down on the little square. Ideas?

ekscrunchy Feb 18th, 2006 05:58 PM

Are you for real?

P_M Feb 18th, 2006 06:04 PM

We never know if peeky is for real or not, but she's always entertaining. I'll give it some thought, peeky, and I'll try to come up with a country that meets your criteria. :-)

charlotte4600 Feb 18th, 2006 06:21 PM

I've travelled on my own loads of times. As long as you plan well & stay in decent hotels you can go anywhere.

wilees Feb 19th, 2006 12:20 AM

Switzerland ? Greece?

ira Feb 19th, 2006 07:47 AM

Hi peeky,
Who went from a raisin to a plum - you or him?

When are you going?

Scandinavia is lovely in the Summer.

((I))

nospam Feb 19th, 2006 07:55 AM

Iceland - seriously - and take in the spas/thermals.
My dream vacation...

ekscrunchy Feb 19th, 2006 07:56 AM

Do you want to meet some possible new bf's?

suze Feb 19th, 2006 07:59 AM

hi peeky, yes we did miss you!!
;-)

laclaire Feb 19th, 2006 09:15 AM

Go to Morocco! I assume you are looking for Europe, as you are on this thread, but I had the time of my life in Morocco, felt safe the entire time, and met some really wonderful people along the way.

Claire

crefloors Feb 19th, 2006 09:52 AM

I was in Copenhagen and Stockholm at the end of December, first part of January. Beautiful cities and I think for a woman traveling alone you would feel very comfortable. It was beautiful in the winter and I think would be wonderful in the spring or summer. Everyone, almost, speaks perfect english. It's a shame that we americans don't know other languages, but the plain fact is, most of us don't, so these cities are very comfortable to travel in. No one ever looked surprised or acted put out that you didn't speak the language. They would simply speak english. Restaurants can be quite expensive, but there are many places to get a sandwich or snack for not a lot of money.
So, peeky, if this is a real question, this is my real answer.

peeky Feb 19th, 2006 10:24 AM

thanks for all the advice my friends.
It is nice that you are willing to help me - I am the plum - I will check out all the countries you suggest. I am living a pipe-dream for I hope I get to travel soon. I believe I can fly - I believe I can touch the sky.