Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Small room at Duke's or suite at London Elizabeth?

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 25th, 2001, 08:07 AM
Laura

Trying to decide between several hotels: a small room at Duke's, a suite at the London Elizabeth, or a room at the Shearaton Park Lane (or the Park Tower)...or possibly a small room at Blake's or Hempel's...Any feedback would be appreciated! Or MAYBE a room at the Lanesborough...

Old May 27th, 2001, 11:30 AM
Kathy

Laura, <BR>By all means take the room at Dukes! <BR>Great location and hotel is charming with great afternoon tea.. Walking distance to lots of sights and theatre district.

Old May 27th, 2001, 01:02 PM
Edward

Toss up between Dukes & Sheraton Park Lane..... Dukes is small, very English, but a little bit tucked away in a corner of St James. The Park Lane is right on Piccadilly & as soon as you step out the door you're right in the middle of lots of activity. <BR>

Old May 27th, 2001, 03:40 PM
linda

Laura, I vote for Dukes. Charming. <BR> <BR>linda

Old May 27th, 2001, 05:36 PM
heather

really like the rooms and location of sheraton park tower- have stayed in many london hotels and it was a good balance of space & convience, although not particularily charming.

Old May 27th, 2001, 08:02 PM
Laura

Thanks for all the input! I'm leaning towards Dukes......