Reload this Page >

Small hotels with character in Prague

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11th, 2001, 08:26 PM
Irv

My wife and I are planning 4-5 days in Prague in late September. We would appreciate suggestions for a small, centrally located hotel/pension with character, but with a quality bed and modern bath. We also would value recommendations for a guide to show us around the historic old town.

Old Jun 12th, 2001, 03:05 AM
Lou

Hi <BR>If you can wait a month, I might be able to help. We leave in 8 days, and we are spending our first few days in Prague. We return on July 12. We have a few rooms at the Metamorphis Hotel (www.metamorphis.cz) and two at the Ungelt (www.ungelt.cz) Both hotels are just off of the old town square (great locations) and the prices should be ok in September. Just e-mail me sometime so I'll have a reminder (if you want.) Last year we stayed at a the Pension Platan, which was barely above the "youth hostel" level. However they did major renovations during the winter, so I cannot comment on the current condition.

Old Jun 12th, 2001, 04:48 AM
Mika Mueller

CERNA LISKA!!!!!! Look it up it is right in the middle and cute!!!!!!! We loved it, and I am sending everybody there. The official travel agency for Tchechia recommended it to us.(CEDOK) Greetings from Switzerland-Mika

Old Jun 12th, 2001, 05:25 AM
Debbie

Irv, I will be headed to Prague in just over a week and have a guide lined up that was recommended to me by Marc David Miller on this board. Here is the information I was sent. <BR> <BR>I look forward to welcoming you to Prague. Please let me know where you <BR>are staying and notify me in advance if you would like a guided tour. <BR> <BR>Nina <BR> <BR>http://www.volny.cz/friendlywalks/ <BR>http://walks.aaron.cz/ <BR>e-mail: [email protected] <BR>Tel.: 0605 16 20 24 in Prague 011420605 16 20 24 from US <BR>========================================== <BR>The tour guide I used is Nina Jelinkova at <BR> <BR>[email protected] <BR>

Old Jun 15th, 2001, 10:39 AM
Graziella

We enjoyed both the location in the center of everything and the hotel called Bethelem Club in the sq of the same name . I am writing this by heart so the name might be a little different, should you be interested please let me know. <BR>The hotel had nice clean rooms with big bathrooms, the building itsef was hundreds of years old as everything in that sq. Breakfast was great, it is family run, and has a modern elevator <BR>( it is like 3 floors high). Firm mattres, cable tv, etc. ....rooms were not elegant but confortable. Ok?

Old Jun 18th, 2001, 10:29 AM
Sharon

I would recomend the hotel Metamorphis, we stayed there last year (a big family group) and they were very helpful. we were getting married and they couldn't do enough for us. suite 21 is the one to go for. have fun

Old Jun 19th, 2001, 05:32 AM
Christine

The Hotel Mala Strana is great, the rooms have a little kitchenette and living room. It is in Melnicka (Str) in the Mala Strana, close to tram stop. Can be booked through Minotel reservations. Good value for money with very nice breakfast included.

Old Jun 20th, 2001, 09:05 AM
Nancy

We are leaving next week for Prague and have accomodations in Mala Strana at Pension Dientzenhofer. It seems to come highly recommended. Does anyone have any restaurant or pub suggestions?

Old Jun 21st, 2001, 03:54 AM
christine

There is a fantastic restaurant in Ujedz (main str leading through the Mala Strana) called Meduzzy. I can highly recommend it and the prices are very reasonable. The bagel place on Ujedz ia also apparently very nice Didn't try it though.