Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   Small Hotel in Barcelona (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/small-hotel-in-barcelona-16527/)

Lou Aug 18th, 1997 04:57 PM

Small Hotel in Barcelona

We plan to spend around 4 nights in Barcelona in late September--first trip there and we speak no Spanish. Can you recommend a hotel in a good walking area, not too expensive where someone speaks English.

Gordon Hosford Aug 18th, 1997 05:48 PM

Barcelona is wonderful. We stayed at the Hotel Colon right across from the cathedral in the Barri Gotic, easy walking to all the areas around La Rambla. Barcelona is too big to be close to everything. The hotel is nice and not cheap, but won't break the bank either. Hotel Colon. Ave de la Catedral 7, 08002 Barcelona. Phone (9)3-301-14-04. Fax: (from US) 011-34-(9)3-317-29-15. (Leave out the "9" when calling or faxing from the US.)

Have a wonderful time. Gaudi stuff is great. You cannot miss. gh

Sarah Aug 18th, 1997 08:25 PM

Try the Hotel St. Moritz. Within walking distance to many great sites, it is just off the Rambla and the Plaza Cataluna.

Weekends are cheaper than weeknights, but I called them directly and bartered down to $115 nite. All the conveniences you'll need, situated in an historic building.

Dipuction, 264...Barcelona...08007
Tel: (3) 412 15 00

Be sure and request a faxed confirmation of your reservation. Have fun!

Maria A. Burgos Aug 20th, 1997 06:24 PM

I stayed at Los Condes de Barcelona last October.
The hotel was very clean, very modern, yet charming. It was only one block from train station,
and there were various architectural sites by Antonio Gaudi to see in its vicinity. Any time I go back I will stay there. I'm not quite sure how much
it cost per night, since it was part of a package deal. Suffice it to say the package was very reasonable. They also have a very nice restaurant, and serve terrific breakfasts. The hotel
is located in the Paseo de Gracia (sort of the Fifth
Avenue of Barcelona). While in Barcelona, I would suggest a day trip to Sitges. A wonderful
seaside town. You will not regret it. I loved Barcelona, and can't wait to go back. E-mail me if you have any questions.
night

Maria A. Burgos Aug 20th, 1997 06:28 PM

I stayed at Los Condes de Barcelona last October.
The hotel was very clean, very modern, yet charming. It was only one block from train station,
and there were various architectural sites by Antonio Gaudi to see in its vicinity. Any time I go back I will stay there. I'm not quite sure how much
it cost per night, since it was part of a package deal. Suffice it to say the package was very reasonable. They also have a very nice restaurant, and serve terrific breakfasts. The hotel
is located in the Paseo de Gracia (sort of the Fifth
Avenue of Barcelona). While in Barcelona, I would suggest a day trip to Sitges. A wonderful
seaside town. You will not regret it. I loved Barcelona, and can't wait to go back. E-mail me if you have any questions.
night