I need to be in Cologne on the evening of June 12, and will fly into either Amsterdam or Paris, arriving in the morning on Thursday June 7 or Friday June 8.
I don't particularly want to spend time in Amsterdam or Paris, but would rather travel slowly to Cologne -- through countryside and interesting smaller towns. Bus, train, boat -- I will just have a small backpack, so very mobile.
I'm having difficulties figuring out the transit -- everything I find on the web seems to be either (a) get a car, or (b) ride a high-speed train from city X to city Y.
How do I research/plan this? And suggestions for interesting routes would be gratefully received.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 My France Vacation
- 2 Tour Company recommendations for St. Petersburg
- 3 London vacation rental agency
- 4 Is Bologna ok for a 3 months stsy?
- 5 And the winner is ...India? Egypt? no, Italy!
- 6 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 7 Greece during Easter week or August
- 8 Iceland driving in March
- 9 Northern Spain road trip
- 10 Manchester Christmas Markets 2017
- 11 Where to Eat in Barcelona
- 12 Help with Spain itinerary
- 13 More time in Belgium or Germany?
- 14 Must See/Do/Eat in Vienna?
- 15 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 16 Buying RER Ticket CDG-Paris
- 17 Where to stay in Naples?
- 18 Driving
- 19 Malaga Christmas lights
- 20 Itinerary for 4 days in Madrid
- 21 10 days in Cologne Munich Switzerland
- 22 Car hire from Venice to Croatia and bosnia
- 23 Italy Croatia Bosnia
- 24 Provence and Cote de Azure
- 25 "chunnel" to change it's offical name.
"Slow" public transport from Paris or Amsterdam to Cologne?