Reload this Page >

skip vienna?days in brussels,bruges,prague&budapestes,

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21st, 2001, 11:25 AM
sue

okay, so now i think i should concentrate <BR>on belgium,prague,and budapest and <BR>skip vienna...i only have two weeks...and <BR>from what i have read here...2 days <BR>brussels,2days bruges,4 days prague <BR>and 6 days budapest sounds better??? <BR>help!! and thanks...sue

Old Jul 21st, 2001, 05:37 PM
mimi

I have visited all these cities and enjoyed traveling on my own with a husband. Two days in Brussels and Bruges will be fine and will give you time to see each place. I would not spend 4 days in Prague and 6 days in Budapest. I would spend the 6 days in Prague and the 4 in Budapest. Prague has much more to see in the city and outside the city. We visited the Jewish section, old town, new town, Royal section etc. and spent 5 1/2 days including a tour of two interesting castles outside of town. We were sorry that we did not take another tour outside and visit a spa town or a U.N desinated place. In four days we saw a great deal of Budapest and spent one day on the Danube Bend. Budapest was destroyed to a great extent in the War and the buildings do not compare to Prague.

Old Jul 21st, 2001, 07:43 PM
Bert P.

I don't know what you have read about Vienna, but I'd think that many people would agree that Vienna is the best city to visit of all you've mentioned. Brussels really has the least to offer, and Brugge, even though it's a wonderful place to visit, is just too far out of the way if you're going to Prague & Budapest. On this trip think of replacing Belgium with Salzburg.

Old Jul 21st, 2001, 10:58 PM
Lisa

I agree with Bert! Vienna is a lovely city with a lot to see and do, and a wonderful atmosphere. <BR> <BR>I can't think what I'd do for 6 days in Budapest. <BR> <BR>If I were going to Prague and Budapest, I'd make sure not to miss Vienna.

Old Jul 22nd, 2001, 09:38 PM
Chris

Another vote for Vienna! Vienna is our favorite city -- we prefer Vienna to Prague. <BR> <BR>Skipping Brussels won't hurt. I spent two nights there, one would have sufficed (depending on arrival time to Brussels and departure time from Brussels). Brugge is sweet -- a day would be fine there, I wouldn't go overnight, as your itinerary is oriented to seeing a lot. <BR> <BR>

Old Jul 23rd, 2001, 11:41 AM
Christina

I agree that I would spend 6 days in Prague rather than Budapest, absolutely. And I've been in both. Unless you have some particular interest in something there, of course. I would probably add Austria rather than Belgium myself, also. It really depends on your reasons, who can tell; I thought Belgium was kind of boring, that's all, unless you are flying out of Brussels or something, then I think your itinerary is fine except the days for Prague vs Budapest.

Old Jul 23rd, 2001, 04:43 PM
sue

i had to thank all those who replied <BR>i think a good case was made for <BR>keeping vienna on the itinerary..tho <BR>i havent a clue how the rails run... <BR>now the question is to stay in buda <BR>or pest!!! thanks to all who replied