My husband and I are traveling to Italy the last two weeks of September. I have booked a Viator tour of the Vatican, Sistine Chapel and St. Peter's Basilica and also a day trip visiting four towns in Tuscany leaving from Florence through Viator as well.
I constantly see skip the line tours for all of the main sites in Venice, Florence and Rome. Can anyone please advise me as to which sites are worth paying extra for one of these tours this time of year? We would like to see in Venice - St. Mark's Basilica and Doge's Palace. In Florence: Uffizi Gallery and Accademia Gallery, and el Duomo. In Rome: Colosseum, Roman Forum, Roman Catacombs, and the Pantheon. If we don't need to pay extra for these tours, is there another way to bypass the lines?
Also, any restaurant recommendations you might have for any of these cities would be much appreciated. It's our 30th anniversary and I would love advice on a really nice restaurant possibly on the canal in Venice.
Thanks so much for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 May Germany, Switzerland, and Iceland
- 2 Driving
- 3 Pubs showing NFL football in London?
- 4 Family vacation
- 5 Dubrovnik
- 6 Three nights in the Italian Riviera: hiking in Camogli with day trips
- 7 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 8 European Christmas Markets Itinerary
- 9 3 weeks driving the Netherlands
- 10 GTG Paris December 2017
- 11 Help With Itinerary By Train: London, Paris, Nice, Florence
- 12 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 13 Christmas Markets 2017
- 14 How many miles is a good 'walking tour'?
- 15 Budget trip
- 16 London flat feedback wanted - yes, I'm going slightly crazy!
- 17 Adventureseeker returns to Italy! As glorious and detailed as before!
- 18 Algarve Town Selection
- 19 Tips for first trip to UK
- 20 paris to london- day trip
- 21 Browsing Barcelona
- 22 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 23 Buying a motorcycle in Europe??
- 24 ROMA Pass inclusions. - 3 days in Rome
- 25 Spain December/ January 2018/19