I'll be traveling to Chamonix towards the end of January 2015. I'm not planning to rent a car and pretty much rely on using public transportation to move around. I'd like to try and ski in three countries! how difficult is to reach Verbier by using train or bus connections and and make it back to Cham the same day? I understand there is a direct shuttle bus every morning to Courmayeur center and takes about 45 mnts to get there. Say if you wanted to stay in town for dinner and get back to Chamonix around 9 or 10 pm with the bus, is this possible or do you have to take a very expensive taxi ride?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris Apartment
- 2 Ireland, public trans and my bicycle.
- 3 Where to Visit in Normandy & Brittany
- 4 Visit to France
- 5 two days in Nice
- 6 Milan airport--which one
- 7 New fast track
- 8 First time in Spain
- 9 Packing Champagne
- 10 St, Goar or Bacharach
- 11 Three nights in the Italian Riviera: hiking in Camogli with day trips
- 12 Can only visit one (maybe two) cities. Which one?
- 13 Itinerary Help, Please!!!
- 14 Once upon a time in Italy
- 15 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 16 Private Driver in Malaga Spain
- 17 Christmas in Granada....food!
- 18 1st time to Europe
- 19 london or amsterdam
- 20 Arthritis treatment (Lisbon)
- 21 1 night in Algarve in January?
- 22 September in Venice, Croatia, and Slovenia
- 23 14 days in Portugal with teens and Grandma
- 24 1 month destination for young family
- 25 Overwhelmed with planning! Need help from Italy experts.
Ski to Verbier and Courmayeur, is it possible without a car?