I am an American, and able to do my work on the road.
I would love-love-love to spend six continuous months in France, most likely Paris, alternately working and making short trips around the country exploring.
Are there any visa options that would allow me to do that?
Like, if I enrolled in a language school part time, could I get an educational visa?
Yes, I can do my own visa research. But I've read so much about French bureaucracy, that I thought it would be smarter to ask here first what visas others have *actually obtained* or what their luck has been attempting the same.
If you're a US citizen and have successfully found a way to do a six-month stint in France...please let me know how you did it!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Spain in 2018
- 2 Rentals in Madrid , Spain-Select
- 3 Looking for Paris Rental Apt.
- 4 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 5 Wedding In Cambridge England
- 6 Sorrento to Montepulciano- where to rent car?
- 7 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 8 First time in Spain
- 9 Help me pick a destination --- Please!
- 10 Schengen entry/exit stamps in Austria
- 11 Planning a Trip from DC to Anywhere in Europe (Budget Friendly)
- 12 Help needed for Bergamo to Venice journey
- 13 Barcelona to Malaga
- 14 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 15 Four Nights in Nice--What should we do?
- 16 Connecting trains in Chambery
- 17 Is a quick stopover in Bern worth it with 3 kids?
- 18 Best area to stay near Split for easy beach access.
- 19 beware of robbed in Milan
- 20 Help me get excited about a week in Portugal
- 21 Which Area in London?
- 22 where to buy baby gifts in paris?
- 23 Barcelona - Rome Viking Ocean Cruise
- 24 London 'Tube-less', Fine dining, Fun excursions plus a GTG
- 25 What did your teenagers love the most of their Italy trip?