Reload this Page >

Sing-Along Sound of Music

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23rd, 2000, 08:26 AM
Robin

To all of you posters from the UK, and sophisticated seasoned travelers, I heard about this show in London on NPR, and it sounds hysterical and fun. Has anyone been? Is it cheesy-good or just cheesy-cheesy?

Old Aug 23rd, 2000, 09:24 AM
Tracy

Hi from London! <BR> <BR>Check: <BR>http://singalonga.com/ (the official site), and <BR>http://members.tripod.co.uk/davidph/...ndofmusic.html <BR> <BR>As Pete Clark, writing in the "Evening Standard," put it: <BR> <BR>This could be the start of something very, very big <BR>and very, very strange. <BR> <BR>Um, have fun . . . ! <BR>

Old Aug 23rd, 2000, 09:38 AM
hamlet

This show is coming to the Ziegfeld Theater in New York in September. I guess it's something a la "Rocky Horror" where the audience comes dressed in a nun's habit or as their favorite Von Trapp, and you follow the bouncing ball and sing along. My guess would be cheesy, but a lot of fun!

Old Aug 23rd, 2000, 11:25 AM
Sheila

I have friend who've been and it's cheesy good. <BR> <BR>You probably need to know that it's a bit of a gay cult thing here.

Old Aug 23rd, 2000, 01:47 PM
Robin

Yes, Sheila, I had heard about the cult aspect! On the radio interview they spoke with a gentleman who had come to the show in costume, and he said he was "a brown paper package tied up with string". When the journalist didn't seem to get it, he sniffed, "Well, obviously you don't REALLY know the show!" I think that little exchange cinched it for me! <BR> <BR>I'm very excited to hear it will come to New York-- but will it be like Ab Fab, where they have to soften it for the censors?

Old Aug 23rd, 2000, 08:09 PM
sand

help- someone singalong is coming to new york. does that mean it will be ending in london???