Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Siena. Which do I pick ? Miniresidence Villa,borgo grondaie,Hotel Santa Caterina

Search

Siena. Which do I pick ? Miniresidence Villa,borgo grondaie,Hotel Santa Caterina

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27th, 2004, 08:40 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Please Please help with these three accomdations. I cannot decide. Any good or bad experiences are welcomed. We want something charming, and clean. We want to be able to walk into the center in Siena.
Thank you !!
Old Apr 27th, 2004, 10:36 AM

Jaclyn, I can't comment on the other two but I loved Santa Caterina. It is just outside the gate but an easy walk to anywhere in the center. The hotel was lovely. The rooms were nice, and the gardens were wonderful. I loved eating breakfast in the garden, with the fabulous view of the Tuscan countryside. Also, the staff was great.

If you go, be sure to go to Fuori Porta, a wonderful trattoria about 100 meters down the road from the hotel.
Old Apr 27th, 2004, 10:44 AM

If you haven't already seen them, there are reviews for all of these on tripadvisor.com

All look very nice on the web, so I'd be inclined to choose the one with the best rates and/or location.

www.miniresidencevillafiorita.it
www.borgogrondaie.com
www.hscsiena.it
Old Apr 27th, 2004, 10:44 AM
blh

Also recommend Santa Caterina - great place to stay! The breakfast was the best - and such a beautiful garden! The staff was very helpful - would recommend it highly!
Old Apr 27th, 2004, 12:58 PM

I agree about the Santa Caterina, and suggest that if you book it you request a room on the back side. The views are very pleasant, and it is quieter.
Old Apr 27th, 2004, 07:43 PM

Make that four for the Santa Caterina. It is about a 10-minute walk to the center city and is a beautiful medieval city to walk in. Do get a room facing the garden and as far back as you can. If you plan on renting a car let them know so they can reserve you a parking spot behind the hotel. Great breakfast has the others said.