Reload this Page >

Side-trip to Italy, Spain, or France

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 9th, 1999, 02:42 AM
Alex Alejandro

My wife and I are spending Christmas with her folks in Ireland. We'll be there from Dec. 23 until the 5th of Jan. We're planning to fly to one of the abovementioned places in- between those dates. We've never been to any of these places before and plan to stay in a major city for 2 to 3 nights at the most. Which one would be the ideal place to visit at that time of the year? Which city? Thank you very much. <BR> <BR>alex a.

Old May 19th, 1999, 11:10 AM
sue

If you only have two or three days and you want a major city, I'd recommend Paris. It's closer and there's plenty to do/see. The weather is never great in Paris so you won't be missing much by going in December. I went in March and it was fine. I've also been to Spain, both Madrid and Barcelona in November, but I'd pick Paris for December. It's one of those places that you always hear about and is great to finally experience.

Old May 19th, 1999, 11:11 AM
sue

If you only have two or three days and you want a major city, I'd recommend Paris. It's closer and there's plenty to do/see. The weather is never great in Paris so you won't be missing much by going in December. I went in March and it was fine. I've also been to Spain, both Madrid and Barcelona in November, but I'd pick Paris for December. It's one of those places that you always hear about and is great to finally experience.

Old May 20th, 1999, 06:28 AM
Kathleen

I'd also agree that Paris is the best choice for a short trip from Ireland. You might want to check into the Special that Aer Lingus usually runs that if you book a flight from the US to Ireland you can go anywhere else in Europe (that they fly) for $200. I have taken advantage of this deal for trips from Ireland to Paris and Ireland to Italy. Good luck!!

Old May 20th, 1999, 11:57 AM
Dan

Interesting how people view cities. We spent 5 days in Paris in November. The weather was so cold and damp - bone chilling!!! It made outdoor activities tough. If you are a person from a mild climate (Florida) I would look elswhere. Someday we'll go back - but it will be May! <BR>Italy is our choice. December, April, and heading back in July. People are great, sights can't be beat, and the weather down in Naples or Amalfi coast is bearable in January. <BR>

Old May 21st, 1999, 12:53 AM
Jo

Barcelona is my personal favourite. I love the place! <BR>