Reload this Page >

Sick Fodor site or Topper-in-disguise

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23rd, 1999, 05:53 AM
Iris

Are all the repetitions of thread titles, sometimes time-stamped the same minute, a symptom of cyber-illness on the part of the Fodor site, or has Topper found a new way to churn the threads? <BR>

Old Jul 23rd, 1999, 06:00 AM
Helen

I just chalk it up to some difficulty in posting. Sometimes it's hard to tell if a message went through, I always assume somebody just hit the "Submit" button an extra time or two. It's happened to me in the past, and I've seen multiples by other regular posters as well. At this point there are a few multiples, but I'm not sure it's enough to label it a nefarious plot, or even a serious Fodors glitch. Time will tell.

Old Jul 23rd, 1999, 06:03 AM
Helen

I just chalk it up to some difficulty in posting. Sometimes it's hard to tell if a message went through, I always assume somebody just hit the "Submit" button an extra time or two. It's happened to me in the past, and I've seen multiples by other regular posters as well. At this point there are a few multiples, but I'm not sure it's enough to label it a nefarious plot, or even a serious Fodors glitch. Time will tell.<BR>Hmm.. just got a connection aborted message when I tried to post the above (ironic, considering the subject matter.) Wonder if it went through (my browser doesn't use frames, there's only one way to find out .... here goes!

Old Jul 23rd, 1999, 06:38 AM
Bob Brown

I think it is a web problem. In the past, I lost many posts. The problem improved; now it is back. Recently I thought I had lost a post on the Canadian forum. So, I reposted, and then had both of them show up with the first one shown as being older than the second one. I don't know of any way topper could have such power unless s/he broke into Fodors computer and knew how to jimmy the system.

Old Jul 23rd, 1999, 07:12 AM
Kanika P. Chopra

Dear Iris, and the rest of you who are curious, <BR> <BR>We at Fodor's appreciate your concerns. <BR> <BR>Often times, depending on the load on our servers, it may take a few extra seconds for a message to post. If you hit the submit button more than once (as our posters sometimes do), a message can be posted more than once. We scan for these repeat posts and delete them as often as we can. <BR> <BR>A quick way to make sure your message is not posted twice is to hit the reload button after pressing the "Post My Reply" button the first time. This should update your browser window and show your response. I hope this helps. <BR> <BR>Sincerely, <BR>Kanika P. Chopra <BR>Fodor's Travel Online <BR> <BR>